Pioneer AVIC5200NEX IN A 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the vehicle speed wire you want to connect to is on the harness that connects to the back of the instrument cluster, exactly which one can vary depending on your year/make/model, I would say the safest best is to pull the dash cover off, unbolt the cluster and then go by a well known audio shop in your area and ask one of the install tech's which wire you should use, that way they can just point it out since it will all be accessible on the spot.
I have it all out already but I have read it's the grey wire or the green /white wire which has 2 of those!

20181028_010133.jpg 20181028_010142.jpg

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VSS signal wire from the VCM PCM to the MBEC, then the cluster is DK GRN/WHT

(From my Haynes manual 24066 99-06 Silverado sierra suburban Tahoe Yukon denali avalanche).
Do you know which pin it is though bud? There's two dark green and white ones in there

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the closest thing I can find.. One of the DK GRN/WHT wires is to the VSS input, one is to the Park/Netural position sensor switch.

Perhaps you could use a voltmeter to see if you get a reaction putting it into park neutral?

20181028_191224.jpg 20181028_193338.jpg 20181028_191215.jpg

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the closest thing I can find.. One of the DK GRN/WHT wires is to the VSS input, one is to the Park/Netural position sensor switch.

Perhaps you could use a voltmeter to see if you get a reaction putting it into park neutral?

View attachment 210117 View attachment 210118 View attachment 210119
I know who to get ahold of from now on when I have a question about wiring that's for sure! You got it down packed on point. I didn't even see this before I went out and started working though LOL so I climbed up underneath unplugged the actual speed sensor wire from the back of the transfer case dark green tapped in spliced it together ran a new wire with new black tape and wire loom cleaned it all up under there then ran it up through the rubber boot where the e-brake cable goes through the cab. So now I know for sure I got it right LOL

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is about a month ago I was up underneath there because the transfer case was running dry I'm making all kinds of noise and when I was inspecting it I found a plug that was not plugged into the transmission and it went to another one of those style sensors up top it was completely packed in with mud so I had to scrape it all out to plug it in but never noticed any difference one thing I am wondering is if it has something to do with the four-wheel drive because when you put it in 4-wheel drive and drive 10ft the service 4 wheel drive light used to come on and I couldn't get it off and back in the two wheel drive unless I shut the truck off and pulled the key open the door. So next time I'm driving I need to test it and see if it works proper now