Pilot's '02 4x4 Tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I should be able to run just about anything with that inverter. It's a "modified sine wave" inverter, i.e. the cheaper kind, and they say you should use that kind of inverter to power things with electric motors, but in practice I've read that they work just fine, especially with an inverter this powerful. The other, more expensive kind, is called a "pure sine wave" inverter. They're much more expensive.

I went with the 2000 watt version because I'm hoping to be able to run a heat gun from the inverter. I have a 1500w heat gun so we'll see if it works.

Best way to install them is just like an amplifier. Heavy gauge cable from the battery straight to the inverter with a fuse in between (close to the battery). Shortest ground possible. That why I just hooked it up with the amp–a distribution block splits the power we ran for the amp and also powers the inverter (though I have now connected the cables yet). I just wouldn't recommend trying to use the inverter and the car stereo at the same time.

View attachment 194448
Not sure if you could run that 1500 watt heat gun on anything but low. I had a 1000 watt generator(gas powered) and i could only run a hair dryer on low.

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you could run that 1500 watt heat gun on anything but low. I had a 1000 watt generator(gas powered) and i could only run a hair dryer on low.

Yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking.

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the ram air/cowl hood, tow mirrors and AMP PowerSteps installed. Hood is primered. Will probably leave it until I paint the whole truck.

front2.jpg

front1.jpg

step1.JPG

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Royalty Core grille today. Overall I’m happy. There are some gaps and uneven spots that I’m not happy with but I’ll take it to the shop soon and work that stuff out. Today I just had about an hour to put this on in the street so I didn’t do much adjusting.

641BBD0B-437D-4646-8C6F-236EC1E907D1.jpeg

Shot a quick video while I waited in the JFK cell phone wait lot.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Installed the Royalty Core grille today. Overall I’m happy. There are some gaps and uneven spots that I’m not happy with but I’ll take it to the shop soon and work that stuff out. Today I just had about an hour to put this on in the street so I didn’t do much adjusting.

View attachment 196868

Shot a quick video while I waited in the JFK cell phone wait lot.

I approve!:waytogo: I hope you have a good alarm on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03tahoejunk