Pics-biggest tires on stock suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shorty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting new tires and maybe wheels for my Tahoe. I wanna see what the bigger tires look like and hear your opinions on what sizes will fit under the stock suspension. I want to keep stock wheels and suspension and fill that wheel Gap. I want to go with a 32 inch tire or a 285. I also want them to be a little wider with no problems. Not too wide but wider than the 265/70/17's what is taller and wider that will fit a stock truck? Also I wanna see some pics of your stock Tahoes with your bigger tires. I am also new here and my name is miles. I live in Athens Ga:Handshake:

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285s are going to be pretty close to the biggest you can go without some kind of modifications. might be able to fit a 295 in there with a little rubbing.

OP
OP
S

Shorty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I want to go a little wider too. I know nothing about tires. I juust wanna know what sizes would be little taller and wider to make this HOE A little more stout looking.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Any bigger on stock suspension and you will rub on corners.

Simple as that.

And for that reason, you will probably not get any pictures of bigger tires on stock suspension....lol.

OP
OP
S

Shorty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so sizes...........32.11.50 .17too big?
285.75.?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
My summer tires are 285/75/20's. If I turn the wheel all the way and get any nose-dive on a turn, it rubs. Otherwise it's fine. The tires new measured out at 32 inches with a tape, although they are now somewhere between 31-32".

Denali5of6-2.gif

Last edited:

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run a 295/35/24 which is 32.6" tall and im lowered 3/5 and i dont get any rubbing...

you can probably run a 285 at the max...that would take a little cranking of the front, and maybe some small trimming...but people do it all the time

OP
OP
S

Shorty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What about width ? I want my tires to at least come out flush but not stick out what or how would I do that?

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
285s are going to be pretty close to the biggest you can go without some kind of modifications. might be able to fit a 295 in there with a little rubbing.

I've got 305/45/22s, ie a 33" tire...
but my hoe has factory flares.

Shot of general fitment

tahoe1of1-2.gif

Better overall shot?

tahoe1of1.gif

Full Lock and off camber (ie out of driveway) it barely kisses the liner on just one side.
Just enough to wipe the dirt away.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons