Picked up a z71...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reflectors tinted looks much better and the windows too. Wonder what a tune would do for this package and the 10speed? :think:

OP
OP
B

BNK_ACCT

Reaction score
Aren't you in the largest negative equity phase for any vehicle right now?

Don't get my wrong, I'll upgrade my Tahoe when I can, but equity is the last thing I'm thinking of for a new car lol

I was more concerned
Reflectors tinted looks much better and the windows too. Wonder what a tune would do for this package and the 10speed? :think:

Thanks!! More to come!! I look forward to addin some power adders! Already reached out to some lift companies, nothin planned to be out for awhile though.

sd172

Reaction score
How high does the transmission temperature go when you are driving normally? My 2018 had a thermostat set to 190 F. Now there’s no thermostat and the highest temperature I saw was around 180 F.

sd172

Reaction score

It’s still a 5.3, and HP Tuners want 10 credits to unlock and tune the ECU. The TCM is also locked from the factory.

OP
OP
B

BNK_ACCT

Reaction score
How high does the transmission temperature go when you are driving normally? My 2018 had a thermostat set to 190 F. Now there’s no thermostat and the highest temperature I saw was around 180 F.
I"ll take a look next time Im drivin it.

Shawn1112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was more concerned

Thanks!! More to come!! I look forward to addin some power adders! Already reached out to some lift companies, nothin planned to be out for awhile though.
Congrats on the new Z71. Just picked a White 2021 Z71 up last night. I too am looking for a lift or level as I wanna do some 24x12 wheels. Have an appointment for tint tomorrow, did you use regular tint on that front orange reflectors? Will be following this closely to see what you do, lol

sd172

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Z71. Just picked a White 2021 Z71 up last night. I too am looking for a lift or level as I wanna do some 24x12 wheels. Have an appointment for tint tomorrow, did you use regular tint on that front orange reflectors? Will be following this closely to see what you do, lol

Awesome, congrats! Can you post some pictures? Do you have captain’s chairs or a bench for the 2nd row?

OP
OP
B

BNK_ACCT

Reaction score

Congrats, they look great in white! The reflectors we used reg tint film as test run, so far they are holding up. I would recommend using laminex or vinyl film for long term and plan to myself. Hoping to see a 4" lift available soon, cause it looks a bit wimpy compared to our old 18 z71 midnight, stock for stock.24s will look great, I think my plan is 22" forgiato terra in all black.

Shawn1112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome, congrats! Can you post some pictures? Do you have captain’s chairs or a bench for the 2nd row?
I'll create a separate thread when I have a second to snap some better pics including interior shots.
I have Capt chairs, and a pano roof, they were only 2 options that really were must have for me.
White Z71's are very hard to find around me (Chgo area). 2 of them with pano roof and Capt chairs sold before they hit the lot at 2 other dealers lol.

OP
OP
B

BNK_ACCT

Reaction score
I'll create a separate thread when I have a second to snap some better pics including interior shots.
I have Capt chairs, and a pano roof, they were only 2 options that really were must have for me.
White Z71's are very hard to find around me (Chgo area). 2 of them with pano roof and Capt chairs sold before they hit the lot at 2 other dealers lol.

Only seen 1 other white out here and 2 othere in black. Few blues and 2 uggggly tan ones. I got pano, captains, trailer pack and that exclusive or something another pack.