Picked up 22 tahoe RST today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered back in December and picked up today. There were a couple things I thought you guys might find interesting:
Our salesperson showed us on his screen that our order status was still showing our truck as being in the rail yard even though it was delivered to the dealership this morning and sitting in our garage right now.

As for retrofitting of heated seats and parking sensors they are under the impression that will start to happen in September. He said the plan is for the service department to contact customers who need retrofitting and this process should be a cluster with the number of vehicles they have sold already that will need chips when they finally become available.

He also suggested that we put in another order for a 23 as the trade in value for our 22 would be higher than what we'd be paying for an identical 23 in 6 months. He said if we did that and ended up deciding to keep the 22 we bought today it would be no loss to them as then they would just have a brand new Tahoe to sell (this dealer doesn't require any type of deposit with orders.) Needless to say as crazy as it sounds we are strongly considering putting in that order for a 23 when they open up and trading this 22 for it, we will see though.
View attachment 368958
Next to the old trailblazer
View attachment 368959
Looks awesome! What color is that?

OP
OP
Buffalown

Buffalown

Reaction score
Looks awesome! What color is that?
Thanks! The color is Dark Ash. My wife and I were going back and forth this whole time between Dark Ash and Evergreen Gray. The dark ash definitely has a blueish hue to it. We are taking the advice of the salesman and putting in an identical order but this time with the evergreen gray and going to see which we like better with them side by side. If the numbers don't work out with the trade he said we could just walk away no questions asked so it seems like an easy decision to see what happens.

OP
OP
Buffalown

Buffalown

Reaction score
But if someone really "needs" (rather than just prefers) a 1/2 ton based full size SUV that desperately, will they be adamant to buy a GM product over a Ford or a Jeep product?

Functionally, I would consider all 1/2 ton based full size SUV as interchangeable. Meaning, there is not something major that one can do that the other cannot.
My view on this is the dealerships would not be giving people $5k plus over what they paid for their trade 6 months later if they didn't know for sure they could sell them used for even more than that. Money talks and these car dealers certainly aren't going to make deals that will lose them money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17