--- Photos: SPOTTER'S THREAD (post up all years/models) ---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help and encouragement.
It would be good to do a timeline build thread. Lol I say time line as it will be some time. Have done a couple of jobs on the Yukon today will chatting & sharing pics so has been a good day. Thanks to everyone for your input! Much appreciated [emoji111]
New rear swaybar bushes & link rods tomorrow after work.(were original, bolts corroded inside the bushes) tuff next to the tank but patience prevailed.[emoji106]
Will throw some of the cars I see around here on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help and encouragement.
It would be good to do a timeline build thread. Lol I say time line as it will be some time. Have done a couple of jobs on the Yukon today will chatting & sharing pics so has been a good day. Thanks to everyone for your input! Much appreciated [emoji111]
New rear swaybar bushes & link rods tomorrow after work.(were original, bolts corroded inside the bushes) tuff next to the tank but patience prevailed.[emoji106]
Will throw some of the cars I see around here on this thread.

Build threads are such a great way to progress and reflect on your build.

There are some amazing ones not only from maintenance but to mods and general every day stuff.

Here is the introduction thread.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forums/introduction.10/

Here is the Under Construction thread to catalogue your build and see all the other badass GMs.

As well check out other members signature for links to their threads.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forums/under-construction.76/

@97YukonNZ

Most of all have fun, contribute and learn.

Check out my 2 build threads for some ideas. Enjoy mate!!

Cheers.
:chewie:

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool!
See the orange one by there'd HQ
That is either an Lc or Lj Holdenen Torana
GTR(if 2 door) 202ci Famoue Bathhurstcar in their day. I had 4 of them over time. 2x2 door & 2 x 4 door. Worth a stack today!!!!
Soo much fun!!!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool!
See the orange one by there'd HQ
That is either an Lc or Lj Holdenen Torana
GTR(if 2 door) 202ci Famoue Bathhurstcar in their day. I had 4 of them over time. 2x2 door & 2 x 4 door. Worth a stack today!!!!
Soo much fun!!!

Excellent...someone who has more Holden info!! lol

How are you for getting your Yukon parts in NZ? Some local stuff around North and South Islands or out of the USA?

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey [emoji112] Yeah those things are a muscle car in their own right! A 4 door I had was running a 186 we'd steel crank,dirt track cam out of a 202 street stock race car,trw pistons,fully planed 132 head(had to run head gaskets to drop compression down to about 200 f'lb per cylinder. Had a 3 speed box 3.08 diff ratio. 50mph 1st gear off the clock in 2nd(100 mph) went flat at 6500rmp(ran out of carburation)only running a 330 2 barrel Holley,about' 130mph
Just won an auction for a 98 grill on trademe '.(north island). Got a brake master from Rock Auto. Have a shopping cart full of Suspension at Carid in the states. Found some front door handles in the north island. And looking to the future after road handling is more stable,have found a perfomance alloy vortec intake manifold with an egr delete. So yes,anywhere I see something I check it out. No place wrecking loads of them here for cheap good stuff Chewie.
Bit of a mouthful ayyy.
Cheers Tony

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey [emoji112] Yeah those things are a muscle car in their own right! A 4 door I had was running a 186 we'd steel crank,dirt track cam out of a 202 street stock race car,trw pistons,fully planed 132 head(had to run head gaskets to drop compression down to about 200 f'lb per cylinder. Had a 3 speed box 3.08 diff ratio. 50mph 1st gear off the clock in 2nd(100 mph) went flat at 6500rmp(ran out of carburation)only running a 330 2 barrel Holley,about' 130mph
Just won an auction for a 98 grill on trademe '.(north island). Got a brake master from Rock Auto. Have a shopping cart full of Suspension at Carid in the states. Found some front door handles in the north island. And looking to the future after road handling is more stable,have found a perfomance alloy vortec intake manifold with an egr delete. So yes,anywhere I see something I check it out. No place wrecking loads of them here for cheap good stuff Chewie.
Bit of a mouthful ayyy.
Cheers Tony

Sounds like you have got the vroom vroom part well sorted. lol ^^ well noted above.

Just checking...you have 15% GST? plus shipping and duty from USA...ouch...but when you need the part, you need the part and Repack isn't going to come through for you.....lol

I looked at something the other day and with shipping + GST + duty... it was nearly the same cost as the darn item. ugggghhh so it stayed in the USA. Good on you for finding those parts. I can imagine finding GM OBS parts in NZ is rather scarce...:rolleyes: @97YukonNZ

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yeah
To get my Suspension here from the States
Is going to cost nearly $400,the parts are $649 so sucks to be me lol
Bet you wish you saw this at the lights.
Think it is either an XY or XW 1971 ish
Would be great if it is a GTHO would have had a 351 Windsor. Though with the bonnet scoop it could be a SHAKER
@Tonyrodz will like this!8f688c1b0c04265258cef2809818812b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid