--- Photos: SPOTTER'S THREAD (post up all years/models) ---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My brother recently sold his Sierra...

rps20200226_170213_070.jpg

And bought an '89 K5 Blazer...

rps20200226_170306_459.jpg

Question for those in the know...

I have seen a ton of box body Suburbans through the years that had the long, one piece, composite headlights... where you just change the halogen bulbs.

Now that I am looking and trying to find info about those headlights I can't seem to find them.

I saw a video where a guy installed Chevy celebrity, one piece, headlights into his box body but I KNOW I have seen these headlights from the factory... what gives???

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother recently sold his Sierra...

View attachment 241379

And bought an '89 K5 Blazer...

View attachment 241380

Question for those in the know...

I have seen a ton of box body Suburbans through the years that had the long, one piece, composite headlights... where you just change the halogen bulbs.

Now that I am looking and trying to find info about those headlights I can't seem to find them.

I saw a video where a guy installed Chevy celebrity, one piece, headlights into his box body but I KNOW I have seen these headlights from the factory... what gives???
Go onto GMSquarebody.com our sister site and try to ask a guy called RetroC10sport. He is crazy ass full of all that techy info on those trucks and cars.

Now I wonder if a set of composite lights from a squarebody Caprice would swap over somehow. I had a lot of Square Burbs, never thought of doing that mod. Now you got me intrigued...

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Go onto GMSquarebody.com our sister site and try to ask a guy called RetroC10sport. He is crazy ass full of all that techy info on those trucks and cars.

Now I wonder if a set of composite lights from a squarebody Caprice would swap over somehow. I had a lot of Square Burbs, never thought of doing that mod. Now you got me intrigued...

Well, I think I can answer the Caprice headlight question.

The guy in the video that I saw, that swapped the Celebrity headlights into his square body said the Caprice lights won't work and he sounded pretty positive as though he may have tried it.

I sent our resident square body expert, @07Burb , a PM asking for some insight... waiting for his response.

I call him that because of that beautiful square body dually he is in the process of making great again.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I can answer the Caprice headlight question.

The guy in the video that I saw, that swapped the Celebrity headlights into his square body said the Caprice lights won't work and he sounded pretty positive as though he may have tried it.

I sent our resident square body expert, @07Burb , a PM asking for some insight... waiting for his response.

I call him that because of that beautiful square body dually he is in the process of making great again.
Just responded to your PM :)