Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been happily cruising this lovely lady on sunny weekends as often as possible. Finally took a tool to her for the first time today (I believe in a proper courtship).

Had a couple spare LEDs and am tired of seeing the sorry yellow when I'm walking up to her in a parking lot in the evening, so I did the puddles. Same ones I used in the Hoe.

View attachment 226131
View attachment 226132

You need to put them in at a little angle to fit the panel in the housing. Works well, though, as they end up perfectly parallel to the ground.

View attachment 226133
View attachment 226134

Have a few more bulbs laying around to stick in a few spots. Will put together a list to order and complete the conversion. Will post full list when complete. Plan on reverse, DRL, makers, map/dome lights, door courtesy.
Pete dripped paint on the puddle .....;)

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Found a couple leftover map lights, too. Again, same ones from the Hoe. Have been very happy with them.

20190704_150036.jpg

You need to take a little rattail file to the reflector cone to get them to sit all the way in. You want the white plastic collar through the cone and the silver housing to mate up.

Before:
20190704_150057.jpg

After:
20190704_150520.jpg

20190704_150535.jpg

Lookin good. Will get some night shots.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Found a couple leftover map lights, too. Again, same ones from the Hoe. Have been very happy with them.

View attachment 226139

You need to take a little rattail file to the reflector cone to get them to sit all the way in. You want the white plastic collar through the cone and the silver housing to mate up.

Before:
View attachment 226140

After:
View attachment 226141

View attachment 226142

Lookin good. Will get some night shots.
Finally , all this thing needed was led lights all around :happy107: . Pete wasn’t about that led life lol

Since those are single facing leds I just take the reflector completely out. Don’t have to fumble with it putting it back it and it gives a cool blackout look to the light when off.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Finally , all this thing needed was led lights all around :happy107: . Pete wasn’t about that led life lol

Since those are single facing leds I just take the reflector completely out. Don’t have to fumble with it putting it back it and it gives a cool blackout look to the light when off.

I prefer them in there. Did the same thing to the Hoe. I know the bulbs are directional, but I tried them with and without the reflector in the Hoe, and they are definitely brighter with it. Maybe because of the lens.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I prefer them in there. Did the same thing to the Hoe. I know the bulbs are directional, but I tried them with and without the reflector in the Hoe, and they are definitely brighter with it. Maybe because of the lens.
It’s a optical illusion :secret: lol jk . I just like the black out look and it’s still plenty bright. I have the rest of my interior lights blacked out too, still super bright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right