Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
man, i swear i have mocked up 50 different wheels in photoshop. and the one's that look the best to me are the common Boss 330 / U2-55 wheels everyone runs. Everything else just looked cheap or too flashy or too much chrome. I would love to have a set of Billet Wheels made but thats $750 a piece each wheel. I can't justify paying $3000 for wheels on a vehicle i paid $4000 for haha

i just want to go for a dang ride in the rocket! that thing must be a blast.

If it's anything like this one, it has to be insane!

Wow! That's fast!

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work on the chrome grille color match! It looks sick! I wanna do it to match my silver birch paint, but I know it's a pretty involved and time consuming process. Plus it takes painting skills I just don't have. Lol. So for now I'm stuck with chrome. Anyways looks good man! The nbs Denali is my favorite body style. Clean lines. Yours looks super clean for 195k! I'm subbed for the progress on your truck!

thanks. yeah, painting is fun. well, the prep is kind of a pain. but thats what makes the difference. I love spraying and especially peepling the tape! realistically it works way better with an HVLP Paint Gun and a decent compressor. I sold my huge compressor. Need to get a better one so i can paint this whole vehicle. I'm good with stuff like that, just wish i was a better mechanic :)

Wow! That's fast!

yeah that thing is crazy fast. the speedometer moves as fast as the RPM gauge. Does @Red Rocket have a video of his launching?

Grille turned out awesome

thanks, man!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah me and paint just don't get along. I hate painting. It isn't fun because I can never got it even close to perfect which irritates the crap out of me. Lol. So I leave paint to the professionals. I csn do small not too in depth mechanical work. But my skills are pretty limited. So I wanna get better at that too. Maybe I'll let you color match my grille haha.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah me and paint just don't get along. I hate painting. It isn't fun because I can never got it even close to perfect which irritates the crap out of me. Lol. So I leave paint to the professionals. I csn do small not too in depth mechanical work. But my skills are pretty limited. So I wanna get better at that too. Maybe I'll let you color match my grille haha.

sweet. you can install my Oil Pressure Sensor while i do that! haha

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the drivers side, you can reach behind the intake manifold. the bulk of the 8 minutes was fumbling with the plug.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what I used. It's just a regular deep well...
Tough reach, but easy job. Do it.

that helps me a lot man. thanks for the pics!
i actually just pulled my plastics off and using lights and mirrors i still don't see it yet. is it in the exact same spot on the 6.0?i gotta go get a socket at the store. i got everything else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne