Pet Barrier (K9)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I made one for my 2011, out of 1/2 inch pvc pipe . It has arms that hook into the cargo hooks at the rear of the vehicle. Best 20 bucks I ever spent. the cheapeset one I found at petsmart was 80 bucks and attached to the vehicle like a shower curtain rod, don't waste your money. Just my 2 cents!!!

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a large dog crate and jammed it in the back, keep in mind I have a 2005 model. It scratches up the upper corner plastic a little bit but meh. Fits nice and snug and keeps them as safe as possible.

P71toZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've used this model on the previous generation Tahoe with a second row bench seat. It attaches to the headrests and the black part of it is pretty secure. Now, the silver extensions aren't the best. The plastic pieces that tighten to hold the extensions will probably eventually break. I haven't tested it with small dogs, but even with the extensions removed, it keeps a larger dog in the back, although they will be able to poke their head through to the side of the headrest.

The only wear on the vehicle that I've noticed is on the plastic piece where the middle passenger shoulder strap comes out. It is minor and much less noticeable than the damage I've seen on amateur and professional (police/K9) barriers. For the $60-70 I paid, I'm completely satisfied.

mac boney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I made one for my 2011, out of 1/2 inch pvc pipe . It has arms that hook into the cargo hooks at the rear of the vehicle. Best 20 bucks I ever spent. the cheapeset one I found at petsmart was 80 bucks and attached to the vehicle like a shower curtain rod, don't waste your money. Just my 2 cents!!!
I know this is an old thread but making one yourself is the easiest and more cost efficient way to go. I made on for a 2017 Cruz that worked but the car just wasn't big enough for my dog and our gear. He is a search and rescue tracker and we both have a lot of stuff to haul around so I got the Yukon from my daughter. I am going to use 3/4 or 1" to make a frame and then expanded metal mesh to fill. I have the edging material for the mesh so there won't be any sharp edges exposed. I have used eye bolts and attached them to the head rest posts for a forward attach point in the past. I don't think that will work in the Yukon since I will be further away from the back of the second row seating. Paint it all black to go in a black interior XL 1500 with third row seating removed and equipment mat covering the cargo area. Dog sleeps in a crate now so I will get on just slightly smaller than the one in the house and he is used to riding with me everywhere, as he is also a PTSD service dog for me.

Hummin24

Reaction score
My setup took me a few years to get it right.

Attachments

• IMG_7675.jpg
    IMG_7675.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7676.jpg
    IMG_7676.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287