Persistent water on floor issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Another good way to try to find the access spot is to stuff paper towels in several areas under there and water down with a hose and see which towel gets wet.

16vcabman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it's the spot light letting water in through the hole. Too hot to work on this past weekend. But I lined up bunched up paper towels and the only one that has wet on it is near side below the spotlight. Tried to take the spotlight apart by removing the allen screws, but no luck. Just tarped it and will look into this further this weekend. Must weld patches in the floor as soon as fixed.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sometimes the older more common sense way to diagnose something is the best, time and time again. I did not make up that form of diagnostics, although years ago I was a tech and then ran shops and I did it then, but one of the other members here mentioned it in another thread and the light bulb lit up in my mind. I hope that is your culprit and you get that fixed soon.

16vcabman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sometimes the older more common sense way to diagnose something is the best, time and time again. I did not make up that form of diagnostics, although years ago I was a tech and then ran shops and I did it then, but one of the other members here mentioned it in another thread and the light bulb lit up in my mind. I hope that is your culprit and you get that fixed soon.
I know, I am older and logical too. Thanks for your tip. Got to hit it hard this weekend. Summer will be gone soon and I have so much to do.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Check the rubber tunnel insulation in between the door where the wires run from the PCM to window switch. I could not pinpoint where my leak was occurring on the driver side mat until I fastened this tubing up on each side of the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6cc52eeee9a50482b2bb07995b4d5720.jpg

Last edited:

16vcabman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, thanks for everyone's input so far and here's the update. Tarped off windshield and water is still rolling in. Re-seam sealed the seam in the water trough and still leaking. Spot light gone by the way. The only area I can't seem to get to is behind the fender where the water runs off the troughs. I'm going to pull the front push bar and fender this weekend. I am thinking I may have to cut into the inner fender to get to this leak. I am ready to just sell the damn thing as is and move on. I have worked as a mechanic and as an engineer and I am not finding this amuzing in any way or shape. To the person who recommended the electrical boot between the door and pillar, I did check that, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne