Persistent Misfire cylinder 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do I Brother. There will always be a little something to do though. Thing is the more I do myself the more I learn. Parts are a lot cheaper than labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true!

I fully stand by the phrase in my signature about experience and how you gain it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many use alldatadiy. Great source for your specs and procedures. @swathdiver can speak more to it, I'm sure.

Delphi is good for most things. They make alot of OEM electronics. I would say it depends on the part, really.

Yea it looked real good online I’m going to go ahead and get the AllDataDIY. I want to have something other than this message board & YouTube to rely on for repairs.

That’s what I read they make a lot of the OEM electronics. The ignition coils are on Amazon for a great price. I’m just going to by all new. I’ll also get the harness for the other side. Can’t hurt.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got home from the 1st half of My trip today.

All said and done it was a round trip 3 hour 90 mile drive. Only stopping to drop My Wife and Daughter off.

The Truck was subjected to every driving condition possible.

“”Sitting in stop & go traffic for 2 hours heading in.

“”To clear sailing all the way home for over an hour of 70 mph driving.

Not one code shown or stored.

“”Should be noted since the issue started I haven’t been able to make those kinds of long trips without at least a couple of stored codes.

I have to go back to the city in a few hours so that to Me will be the deciding factor. But I think it’s safe to say the misfire was caused by that coil wire harness.

“”Also should be noted that My gas gauge never since I bought the truck showed all the way full. No matter how much gas was in the tank. Now after the Techron & I believe more so the sea foam it shows full.

Thanks Guys for all the help. It is very much appreciated. Anyone needs anything shoot me a PM.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I just got home from the 1st half of My trip today.

All said and done it was a round trip 3 hour 90 mile drive. Only stopping to drop My Wife and Daughter off.

The Truck was subjected to every driving condition possible.

“”Sitting in stop & go traffic for 2 hours heading in.

“”To clear sailing all the way home for over an hour of 70 mph driving.

Not one code shown or stored.

“”Should be noted since the issue started I haven’t been able to make those kinds of long trips without at least a couple of stored codes.

I have to go back to the city in a few hours so that to Me will be the deciding factor. But I think it’s safe to say the misfire was caused by that coil wire harness.

“”Also should be noted that My gas gauge never since I bought the truck showed all the way full. No matter how much gas was in the tank. Now after the Techron & I believe more so the sea foam it shows full.

Thanks Guys for all the help. It is very much appreciated. Anyone needs anything shoot me a PM.

Glad to hear your problem seems to be resolved and it was a fairly simple fix.:chewie:
(*cough* post #2 *cough*)

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your problem seems to be resolved and it was a fairly simple fix.:chewie:
(*cough* post #2 *cough*)

My gut feeling to be totally honest was to change it out in the beginning. Only reason I didn’t do it at first was I couldn’t find any info on how to do actually do it. I ended up just taking it apart & figuring it out Myself.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, thank you for posting back with how things turned out. It will be useful for the next guy that has a similar problem.

Of course Man. That’s what this is all about Helping each other. If any part of This helps the next guy out it’s worth it.

I just wish the “search” of these forums yielded better results. Every time I have a situation I find myself having to start a whole new post because the search function works so poorly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep