Performance Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa is legit. I had a Corsa paired up with a set of American Racing Long Tube Catless headers on my last build. Still ZERO drone at highway speeds until I touched the gas pedal. I had the Corsa on the truck for a little while before the LTH and the sound of the cylinder deactivation on the HEMI with the Corsa was not that bad.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '21+ full size suv's have GM's Global B electronic system, same as the C8 and the CT5 I think it was. The 22+ full size trucks have it now too I think. No one has yet to crack them, and more than likely won't be. Running dual ECM's I think is the only option.

Shirt story, each module uses dual encryption for communication between other modules in the vehicle. 1 part of the encryption is unique to each VIN. Cracking 1 won't crack them all. And from what I read GM can push an update to change the encryption if it was cracked.

This is what is stopping me right now from getting Open Pilot working, but we are working on a possible work around.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The '21+ full size suv's have GM's Global B electronic system, same as the C8 and the CT5 I think it was. The 22+ full size trucks have it now too I think. No one has yet to crack them, and more than likely won't be. Running dual ECM's I think is the only option.

Shirt story, each module uses dual encryption for communication between other modules in the vehicle. 1 part of the encryption is unique to each VIN. Cracking 1 won't crack them all. And from what I read GM can push an update to change the encryption if it was cracked.

This is what is stopping me right now from getting Open Pilot working, but we are working on a possible work around.
Given that there is encryption between the various components of the car, I wonder if GM's intention wasn't so much to thwart tuners as it was to thwart hackers trying to take control of the car's various systems from outside. If so, they may eventually provide a back door for tuners to use for a fee. Factory authorized tuners like Hennessy will need a method like that to work their magic, legitimately.

sanman28

Reaction score
Given that there is encryption between the various components of the car, I wonder if GM's intention wasn't so much to thwart tuners as it was to thwart hackers trying to take control of the car's various systems from outside. If so, they may eventually provide a back door for tuners to use for a fee. Factory authorized tuners like Hennessy will need a method like that to work their magic, legitimately.
Good point

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I highly doubt GM will ever release the ability outside of a federal right to repair law.

Reddevil96

Reaction score

I highly doubt GM will ever release the ability outside of a federal right to repair law.
That article is quite old, and Hennessy has already said that they cannot tune a C8 and have in sorts given up on them. GM has already been quoted saying that they WILL NOT help the aftermarket with tuning and that only the best and brightest will figure it out.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That article is quite old, and Hennessy has already said that they cannot tune a C8 and have in sorts given up on them. GM has already been quoted saying that they WILL NOT help the aftermarket with tuning and that only the best and brightest will figure it out.
I chose an old article to show how long it has been an issue.

With the amount of money in the C8 tuning world. I'm sure they hired some of the brightest to try to crack it, and I'm sure there is a pretty good sized bounty for it. I'd be more interested in a bounty for the ASCM information and such that is needed for openpilot. I'd through 5k at it.

There should be support for more vehicles using a system like piggybacking that tuners have came up with for the C8.

Reddevil96

Reaction score
That Delta control module is pretty cool. Its out of my reach, but still cool. I seems like an 80's -90s MAF translator without dip switches and a lot for functionality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018