Performance mod write ups?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erichyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is there anywhere on here where there is a recommended mod list or any list on what is best for certain vehicles?

thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there anywhere on here where there is a recommended mod list or any list on what is best for certain vehicles?

thanks

Not sure. I think it would depend on what your plans are, how fast you want to go and how much you want to spend. The order of modifications may be different for a fella who wants to install a supercharger kit compared with a guy who just wants a little more get up and go.

Generally, the first thing to have done is a tune. This unleashes pent up horsepower and torque and makes the vehicle much more fun to drive. Long tube headers add about 20 rear wheel horsepower, the stock airbox flow plenty of air as does the original exhaust up to a point. Then of course, if the motor has AFM, folks consider physically deleting that and installing a camshaft that will allow the engine to make more horsepower too.

You'll get as many ways to do things as replies.

OP
OP
E

erichyukondoit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i have a 2007 yukon that is bone stock. i dont wanna do a whole to it right now. i know i want it tuned but finding someone where im located to tune it is becoming rather difficult. i dont wanna lower it or raise it but i would like to do some suspension work to it to make it handle a bit better. for right now i just wanna keep it going and bring her back up to good shape. only gave 8k for it with only 150k miles. i believe my tps is going out and ive been trying to find out on here if there is a better option than stock.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out Black Bear Performance (BBP) for the tune. You choose from mild to wild. Excellent overall drivability, with enhanced trans schedule and throttle response.

Worth every penny.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
well i have a 2007 yukon that is bone stock. i dont wanna do a whole to it right now. i know i want it tuned but finding someone where im located to tune it is becoming rather difficult. i dont wanna lower it or raise it but i would like to do some suspension work to it to make it handle a bit better. for right now i just wanna keep it going and bring her back up to good shape. only gave 8k for it with only 150k miles. i believe my tps is going out and ive been trying to find out on here if there is a better option than stock.
If you replace the tps, make sure you get the correct tps. Parts stores and dealers don't carry them. Dealers will only sell you the complete throttle body assembly. So online is probably your only option.

JDopirak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
S&B cold air intake
Gibson ceramic headers
Magnaflow 12589 muffler
Slp resonator delete.

268HP 289TQ
Dynoed today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members