PCV valve removable from valve cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InspectahDEck

Reaction score
On my 05 yukon I noticed the PCV valve hose was brittle and broken off, so I ordered a new hose, as well as a new PCV valve (GM 12567915). When attempting to remove the PCV valve itself, it appears to be welded on, or at least I cannot remove it from the valve cover. In the process of using vice grips, the PCV valve stem is a bit disfigured now.

Upon further research, it seems the PCV valve is not removable, and instead part of the valve cover, is this accurate?

The new hose will slide on the PCV valve, it got squished into an oval shape instead of a circle, but I can squeeze it back into a circle. Any issues with this?

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 03 and up "pcv" is not removable. And in my opinion s big part of the oil consumption issue that some of these trucks suffer from.
I have pre 2002 valve covers on both my 06 5.3s and have good results.
My tahoe has zero oil consumption at 150k and my Silverado eats about 1.5 quarts over 3000 miles but it has over 400k on the engine so ill allow it. Before i switched the valve covers the Silverado had visible oil smoke out of the tailpipe now it has none.

OP
OP
I

InspectahDEck

Reaction score
I do not have visible smoke or any abnormal oil consumption. Thank you for letting me know the "valve" is not removable, I'll keep things as is but doing a Google on the revised covers I can see a lot of folks having similar issues to what your 06 did, so I will keep this in mind.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might look into the ‘02 covers, although my catch can is not really super full.. I think my consumption is bottom end blow by, since I just put a hot cam, and better heads, springs, etc. on my 230k engine. Lol. Probably wouldn’t hurt, but I’m thinking the valve covers wouldn’t help my situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094