Patching up the 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The parts guy at the dealership sent me a picture to verify which one I wanted, and the picture looked like it had a seal in it. I will double check, though. Thanks for the heads up on the Dorman seals, iamdub. How do they compare to the Fel-Pro version? I found those a while back to fix the leak on the bypass line on my wife's Sub.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The parts guy at the dealership sent me a picture to verify which one I wanted, and the picture looked like it had a seal in it. I will double check, though. Thanks for the heads up on the Dorman seals, iamdub. How do they compare to the Fel-Pro version? I found those a while back to fix the leak on the bypass line on my wife's Sub.

I've never compared them side-by-side. Didn't know Fel-Pro made them. I do know that I've never had a problem finding them and never had any issues using them. They look, feel, fit, smell and taste the same as ACDelco. I believe the seal in them is nitrile.

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The block with no hole in it is the factory style block-off design. Don't forget the seals for these. The ACDelco seals are hard to find and most, including me, just grab the Dorman 56390 pack.

The block I got from the dealer had the seal already on it. I went ahead and bought the bolt that attaches the block to the head, also.

Block part #: 12602540 $12.95
Bolt part #: 11588714 $ 5.88

Yes, that bolt should be plated in gold, but with our gas prices, it was cheaper than driving elsewhere for a cheaper bolt.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The block I got from the dealer had the seal already on it. I went ahead and bought the bolt that attaches the block to the head, also.

Block part #: 12602540 $12.95
Bolt part #: 11588714 $ 5.88

Yes, that bolt should be plated in gold, but with our gas prices, it was cheaper than driving elsewhere for a cheaper bolt.

Everyone's time has value! Just one less item to potentially hold up the project.

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got it done. I didn't do the timing set or the oil pump so I could get it done that day. Mechanic suggested trying a sludge remover before replacing the oil pump to see if that cleaned around the oil pressure sensor and cleared it up. He had another customer do that, and it corrected his low oil pressure problem.

Seems to be running fine other than throwing P0172 and P0175 codes. Going to go see my mechanic tomorrow and have him scan the truck to see what's causing the codes.

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Had to wait a couple weeks to get the MAF sensor, but I got it swapped out. Funny thing, the Falcon stopped throwing codes for nearly a week before I did the sensor. I went ahead and did it since it had nearly 200k miles on it, and everything has been running fine in that area for the past month.

I have noticed a lifter ticking away that wasn't there before the dropped valve seat, but I'm not going to worry about it unless it starts making more noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne