Passlock issue but a bit different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CampThatTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2006 Tahoe 5.3. So 2 weeks ago driving up into the mountains I stopped to grab a drink at a gas station and 5min later it wouldnt start and stay running. It had the crank over then die 2 seconds later issue. No signs of any issues leading up to this and all was well prior so it was out of the blue. Messed around with fuses and battery to no avail and finally had it towed back home. Proceeded to look up everything I could on the issue and after checking the fuel pressure, codes, battery, sprayed starter fluid into the intake to confirm spark, etc I was kinda lost and didnt want to throw money at it. Had it towed to my local shop and he pulled a stored code saying passlock was the issue. I didnt pull this code on my basic scanner so I assume his was able to read deeper into the system. He doesnt have the GM tech2 to communicate with the system and couldnt help any further so instead of taking it to the dealer I had it brought back home where it currently sits to see what I could do instead of paying the dealer.

Now even though the signs lead to the security system being the problem I never had the security light flash or ever on. It still isnt on as of now but I did confirm the bulb does work and it lights up only at the start with all the other dash lights. So without the light being on/flashing I cant even do the reset procedure with the key to see if that works on the Tahoe.

Im curious if there could possibly be something else going on since its not activating the security light on the dash? The issue clearly supports the injectors being shut off immediately once cranked like it would if passlock was the issue but without the light being on does that mean something else has gone wrong? Ive searched and every passlock post over all the forums all have one thing in common and that is the light coming on and flashing. Im all for doing the passlock bypass w/ the resistor or some other option but want to rule things out first. Appreciate the help on this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons