Passenger tail light not working 2018 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea why, but it is not working. I shook the harness a little and the lights flickered, then nothing. I replaced the bulbs, I replaced the harness to the tail light and still nothing. The drivers side tail light works fine. Is there a separate fuse for the passenger/driver tail lights? Any other ideas as to why this is happening? This is on a PPV, so standard bulbs, not LED.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea why, but it is not working. I shook the harness a little and the lights flickered, then nothing. I replaced the bulbs, I replaced the harness to the tail light and still nothing. The drivers side tail light works fine. Is there a separate fuse for the passenger/driver tail lights? Any other ideas as to why this is happening? This is on a PPV, so standard bulbs, not LED.
not sure what exact years or trim level but there are known issue's with the pcb board inside the light housing, solder connection gets burnt, you can repair it or there are people that do the repairs generally you have to ship it and then wait for it to be repaired and shipped back, new ones are quite costly. youtube I am sure has how to video's

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have gotten this figured out…

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you getting 12 volts at the center contact within the bulb socket?

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not test that yet…for some reason. I’m assuming I’m not because I tried the old bulbs as well as new bulbs. If I were getting any juice, I’d get some light

marys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2018 TAHOE I FIND OUT THAT THE TAIL LIGTH WAS NOT WORKING BECASUE PARKING LAMP RELAY WAS MISSPLACE WAS ON RELAY NUMBER 37 AND SHOULD GO ON THE RELAY NUMBER 51 IS REALLY CLOSE BY ONE TO THE OTHER SOME HOW GOT MISSPLACE. IM GLAD BECAUSE WAS A NIGTH MARE FINDING THE CAUSE.

Attachments

• TAHOE 1.jpg
    TAHOE 1.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons