Passenger door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I tink so... LOL
I just don't know on these vehicles as I've never had a problem with them or even been inside the doors to see.

I've replaced power door lock actuators and window regulators on other vehicles though, and it's seperate from the latching mechanism. But those vehicles were older and didn't have a canbus system

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So is the door latching mechanism the same as the door lock actuator?

From what I see on Rock Auto, yes, it's one part. The parts vary due to Remote Start, etc., and I don't know if the OP's door is the front one or the 2nd row.

OP
OP
Summer b

Summer b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Much appreciated. And for the feedback as well.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't know on these vehicles as I've never had a problem with them or even been inside the doors to see.

I've replaced power door lock actuators and window regulators on other vehicles though, and it's seperate from the latching mechanism. But those vehicles were older and didn't have a canbus system
On the day I was to meet Pete and his family mine acted up and locked me into the truck. I could not get out. Frustrated, I cancelled with Pete and drove home. Pulled into the driveway and my wife calmly opened the door and it has been working fine ever since!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts