Passenger door electronics all not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DStarr02

Reaction score
Thought was just the front passenger window stopped working, but have since realized everything on the door from locks, seat heaters, folding mirrors, window, and lock actuator do not work.

Just really not sure where to start without a tech 2. Is there any quick way to figure out if the passenger door switch/module is the cause?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
May be a problem with wiring in the flexible conduit covering wires as they pass from under the passenger side dash kicker panel thru to the door jam area. Seems too new to do that though. That usually happens on older models after lots of wiring bending and chaffing inside that covering. Any recent work in that area?

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
D

DStarr02

Reaction score
It’s a 2007 Tahoe LT3. There hasn’t been any recent work on it. The only mods was suspension 2 years ago. No electrical has been touched. After the issue happened, all failures happened at the same time, I pulled the window switch to make sure all contacts were clean since I know the 07 Tahoe’s can have issues with water draining from the door. No corrosion at all, reinstalled the switch.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a 2007 Tahoe LT3. There hasn’t been any recent work on it. The only mods was suspension 2 years ago. No electrical has been touched. After the issue happened, all failures happened at the same time, I pulled the window switch to make sure all contacts were clean since I know the 07 Tahoe’s can have issues with water draining from the door. No corrosion at all, reinstalled the switch.
well you could check the passenger switch harness for power, if it has power then I would just replace the switch you can get a used one online pretty reasonable like $60 or so

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

You posted in the 2015-2020 section so without the actual year, make and model of your rig I assumed that the rig may be too new for the likelihood of what I was suggesting. Plus I did not see the signature when I first responded, unless you just added that rig info to the signature, after my recommendation.

OP
OP
D

DStarr02

Reaction score
I did update the signature after you recommended it, didn’t get a chance to load the RPO codes to the signature yet. Can’t believe I posted in wrong section. Will repost in correct forum. Also only problem with tossing a new switch at it is it also has to be programmed so another $100 on top of the part cost. That’s what I suspect, but for over $150, want to know for sure first.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought was just the front passenger window stopped working, but have since realized everything on the door from locks, seat heaters, folding mirrors, window, and lock actuator do not work.

Just really not sure where to start without a tech 2. Is there any quick way to figure out if the passenger door switch/module is the cause?

Fuses! Start by checking all your fuses.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did update the signature after you recommended it, didn’t get a chance to load the RPO codes to the signature yet. Can’t believe I posted in wrong section. Will repost in correct forum. Also only problem with tossing a new switch at it is it also has to be programmed so another $100 on top of the part cost. That’s what I suspect, but for over $150, want to know for sure first.
that's why I said used switch, passenger switch shouldn't need to be programmed anyway as far as I know but if that is the case if you get a used one from the same model you should be good to go.