Passanger window won't go up or down :(

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by billowred, Apr 21, 2012.

1. billowred

billowred Full Access Member

Name:
    Bill
    I did a search but couldn't find anything about it. The passenger window won't roll up or down from it's controller or from the driver door. Has anyone had this problem?

2. 07Burb

07Burb GM fan for life Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Jacob
    Sounds like the motor may be bad

3. billowred

Name:
    Bill
    Crap

4. _Dylan_

_Dylan_ STAY FROSTY

Name:
    Dylan
    So it works from the passenger door?

At night with the dome lights on hit the switch and if they dim than the motor is getting juice. That usually means the circuit is good and replace the window motor.

5. billowred

Name:
    Bill
    It doesn't work from any door but I'll give that a try. Thanks

6. houstone003

houstone003 Full Access Member

Name:
    matthew
    bad motor more then likely you can get it off ebay pretty cheap

7. Casicon

Casicon TYF Newbie

Name:
    Diego
    I had this same problem, it just stopped working from the passenger side and driver occasionally worked. What I did was to clean the contacts on the drivers side window controls. I unplugged unit from my truck and used an electronic contact cleaner spray (autozone) I gently pried apart the window control module til i found the contacts and sprayed the crap out of it. Let it dry for 10 min or so and shake to make sure u got any remaining liquid out. Put it back together, plug it back in and test it. Hope it works for you

8. 00chevyHd

00chevyHd Member

Name:
    Carlos
    I also have a problem with my front passenger window on my 00 Suburban 1500 Got A new Regulator new switch it doesnt seem to make a diference Any Help would be great thanks

9. 00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel Full Access Member

Name:
    Garrett
    I had the passenger side window plague me over a year and a half. It’s like I would mess with it and get it working, swap a regulator, clean some pins, but it always came back. I went through 3 regulators and cleaned all the connectors and it kept happening. I ended up having to take the pins out of the connector in the door and bend them back into place so they would be tight, I also had to do this inside the boot where the wires pass between the body and the door, in the door jam. Once I re-bent the pins and the connectors where all tight again it works like a dream and has been for the past 2 years. There are videos on YouTube about popping the pins our with a paper clip, it’s super easy to do and then re-shaping them so when you re-install them they are tight again like factory. I would start there as it is free. If none of that works then it does sound like you need a motor.

Shadowz Edge likes this.