Passanger window won't go up or down :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billowred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search but couldn't find anything about it. The passenger window won't roll up or down from it's controller or from the driver door. Has anyone had this problem?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the motor may be bad

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
So it works from the passenger door?

At night with the dome lights on hit the switch and if they dim than the motor is getting juice. That usually means the circuit is good and replace the window motor.

OP
OP
billowred

billowred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't work from any door but I'll give that a try. Thanks

Casicon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this same problem, it just stopped working from the passenger side and driver occasionally worked. What I did was to clean the contacts on the drivers side window controls. I unplugged unit from my truck and used an electronic contact cleaner spray (autozone) I gently pried apart the window control module til i found the contacts and sprayed the crap out of it. Let it dry for 10 min or so and shake to make sure u got any remaining liquid out. Put it back together, plug it back in and test it. Hope it works for you

00chevyHd

Reaction score
I also have a problem with my front passenger window on my 00 Suburban 1500 Got A new Regulator new switch it doesnt seem to make a diference Any Help would be great thanks

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the passenger side window plague me over a year and a half. It’s like I would mess with it and get it working, swap a regulator, clean some pins, but it always came back. I went through 3 regulators and cleaned all the connectors and it kept happening. I ended up having to take the pins out of the connector in the door and bend them back into place so they would be tight, I also had to do this inside the boot where the wires pass between the body and the door, in the door jam. Once I re-bent the pins and the connectors where all tight again it works like a dream and has been for the past 2 years. There are videos on YouTube about popping the pins our with a paper clip, it’s super easy to do and then re-shaping them so when you re-install them they are tight again like factory. I would start there as it is free. If none of that works then it does sound like you need a motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts