Pass. Wiper Spray Inop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Driver's side sprays. Passenger side does not. Happens well above freezing so frozen fluid is ruled out. I use the really nice wiper fluid that's good to almost -40 too. Tried scrubbing the spray nozzle with a toothbrush with no success.

Driver's side sprayer operates with the appropriate pressure. And I've taken a quick look under the hood to see if fluid is pooling or something anywhere like a hose came off. Not seeing that either.

Soooo, what's likely to check and how are these things routed / pumbed? Normally I'd just go out and fuss with it, but I need to be frank; I don't have access to a garage right now and we've been getting 4-6" of snow a day so I'm reallly not interested in standing out there playing with it. Trying to develop a plan of action before I go out and be efficient with time

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you pull the tube off the nipple for the non-working wiper at the cowl, and confirm that there is no clog within that tube that runs up the wiper arm to the nozzle? Also, by pulling off the tube at that point, and then activating the washer should be able to tell you whether the problem is above the hood/cowl, or below it. While this may not be a definitive solution, it will help you narrow down the question as to where the issue may be located.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Blow air thru the separate pieces as you unplug them. Like Joe said, if you are getting fluid thru the hose but nothing out of the nozzle, you found the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec