Part Identification please....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the GMT400's power steering coolers were common on 2500, 3500, and 3500HD's, w/hydroboost. The GMT800 Suburbans and Tahoes usually had one. A lot of folks mistake it for a engine oil cooler.

The trans cooler looks like a fin and plate cooler, never seen one of those on GMT800' and 900's, it was always a stacked plate cooler or tube and fin. But if it is a former government fleet vehicle.........
Yeah im still trying to figure out who had it before me. The RPO's looks like it was ordered that way.
(KNP) for the "COOLING SYSTEM TRANS HD" and the (GAM) for "VEHICLE GOVERNMENT G.S.A. SALES"
Judging by the VIN # it was obviously owned by Sean Connery at one point..:D jk
Nf379c1l.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt know it extended to the top of the radiator, I thought it was about as big as a pack of smokes..
I just had the P.S. fluid changed and they didnt say anything about about it. Looks to be pretty common. Thank you everyone for the schoolin! :cool: