Part # help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red92rs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. Have a 2016 suburban and I am having trouble finding a parts breakdown for the rear tail/lift gate. It appears one of the bumpers fell off and I need to replace it. Its not the adjustment one that's about mid-gate, but the non-adjustable one near the bottom edge. I can't find any parts diagram that calls this out. If anyone knows of a parts diagram that calls this out or the part # I would appreciate the help

20180629_104211.jpg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Ebay at "2016 chevy suburban liftgate bumper" and they are offering 15% off on anything until 9pm tonight and usually no tax and free shipping.

OP
OP
R

Red92rs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So case in point go to that gmpartsdirect link. Now find the part I just pointed out with any certainty. I can't do it and I work as an engineer in the industry! The adjustable center bumper is very clear there, but that end one just is not shown or called out. I may just have to go to a dealer to be like "I want one of these" on a truck they have there

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Have a 2016 suburban and I am having trouble finding a parts breakdown for the rear tail/lift gate. It appears one of the bumpers fell off and I need to replace it. Its not the adjustment one that's about mid-gate, but the non-adjustable one near the bottom edge. I can't find any parts diagram that calls this out. If anyone knows of a parts diagram that calls this out or the part # I would appreciate the help

View attachment 202559
Maybe this
https://parts.arniebauer.com/a/Chev...ATE--HARDWARE-LIFT-GATE-WO-POWER/GA15885.html

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So case in point go to that gmpartsdirect link. Now find the part I just pointed out with any certainty. I can't do it and I work as an engineer in the industry! The adjustable center bumper is very clear there, but that end one just is not shown or called out. I may just have to go to a dealer to be like "I want one of these" on a truck they have there
Did you go the one I gave you at gmpartsgiant.com? It shows 3 bumpers.
Edit: I see they list a left and right upper and a left and right lower. In the parts pictures they look similar but the lower is way cheaper than the upper, suggesting to me that the upper is the adjustable one and the lower is non adjustable. Looking at your picture this corresponds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Red92rs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So parts guy at local chevy dealership was just as stumped. We took a shot and scored. This is the correct part # 22826589

20180711_201251.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy