Part # and RPO code confusion/Front Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with part numbers for front springs for my 2011 Escalade Premium.

Applicable RPO codes: Z95, 6LM, 7LM

I've been to several parts websites that indicate springs for 6LM & 7LM RPO codes, but then there's a note that says "excluding z95".

I understand the 6LM & 7LM codes to mean spring rate, but why would it say excludes z95 magneride package? GM's part numbering/options codes are such a cluster f**k

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with part numbers for front springs for my 2011 Escalade Premium.

Applicable RPO codes: Z95, 6LM, 7LM

I've been to several parts websites that indicate springs for 6LM & 7LM RPO codes, but then there's a note that says "excluding z95".

I understand the 6LM & 7LM codes to mean spring rate, but why would it say excludes z95 magneride package? GM's part numbering/options codes are such a cluster f**k
580-435 and the corresponding GM number should be 19353951. Give the last 8 of your VIN to @915_Tahoe, our resident parts expert, and he can double check for you.

Plug your VIN in these two sites:

www.gmpartsgiant.com

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea those look like they're NLA. But on some sites it has a note that says "exc. magneride pkg"
Yeah, my rears are no longer available too in OE. Had to use ACDelco Professional. Why don't you talk to Rene and he'll see if there any left in the country and who might have them. I would ignore the Magneride exclusion but again, Rene will know for sure.

OP
OP
J

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my rears are no longer available too in OE. Had to use ACDelco Professional. Why don't you talk to Rene and he'll see if there any left in the country and who might have them. I would ignore the Magneride exclusion but again, Rene will know for sure.
Do you know if there are any AC Delco ones for the fronts, I can't find a part number if there is? Is Rene the guy you tagged in your first response? 915_Tahoe?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if there are any AC Delco ones for the fronts, I can't find a part number if there is? Is Rene the guy you tagged in your first response? 915_Tahoe?
Yes on Rene, no on finding an ACDelco equivalent. I did find the old part number though, you can try that, 25909351, until Rene checks in later today.

OP
OP
J

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes on Rene, no on finding an ACDelco equivalent. I did find the old part number though, you can try that, 25909351, until Rene checks in later today.
Hmm the Moogs on RockAuto do list that old part number as being a direct replacement. I just don't want to put everything together only to find out it rides like crap or didn't sit at the right ride height. I'll have to dig into it a bit more and/or wait for Rene

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm the Moogs on RockAuto do list that old part number as being a direct replacement. I just don't want to put everything together only to find out it rides like crap or didn't sit at the right ride height. I'll have to dig into it a bit more and/or wait for Rene
The Moog springs that you are referring to will work, IMO. They work for my Z55 suspension, so I see no reason that they will not work for your Z95 suspension. As far as I know, the only difference between the Z55 suspension and the Z95 suspension is in how the front struts and the rear shocks dampening are modulated. With the Z55 system, dampening is being modulated electrically by electrically induced changes in the orifice opening size. With the Z95 system, the dampening being is being modulated by electrically induced changes in viscosity of the internal fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic