Parking Lights Won't Turn Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The parking lights will not turn off on my 2007 Yukon Denali even with the engine off.
This issue started about 2 weeks ago and the only temporary solution I have found is by pulling the fuses (#25 & 26) for the driver & passenger side park lamps in order to save my battery.
I have switched out the relay, but that didn't work. The lights do turn off when the relay is taken out, but go right back on with any relay plugged in there. I have also reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

So, I have had to plug the fuses in while I drive (especially at night in order for the tail lights to work) and then pull them out after. Any help or advice would really be appreciated!! This problem is driving me nuts.

Lastly, just in the past few days I have noticed that the parking lights will go off for a little bit at random times with the fuses plugged in while it's parked in my garage. The first time I saw this I thought the problem fixed itself, but soon after they turned right back on.

Thanks in advance!!

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen similar things happen like this, like the turn signal indicator would come on when you mashed the brake pedal. Turned our was a filament shorted in a bulb...........strange but true. Take the bulbs out ONE @ A TIME, you will hopefully find it. Hope it works for you as it did for me several years ago. Good luck and let me know.
David g...........:2cents:

OP
OP
P

paulyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! I will definitely try your recommendation when I get home from this trip on Sunday. I will keep you updated.

mike07se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would bet that it's a faulty headlight switch. I have seen worn out and faulty internal contacts create awkward issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

paulyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bet would be on the BCM.

Thanks. However, I reset the BCM prior to my original post, but the problem continued after that. My lights have since turned off, however they seem to turn back on, and stay on constantly, when my car gets wet (i.e. car wash or rain). I am going to wash my car tomorrow and see if the problem reoccurs.

OP
OP
P

paulyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would bet that it's a faulty headlight switch. I have seem worn out and faulty internal contacts create awkward issues.

Thanks for your response.
By "headlight switch" you are referring to the circular knob/switch to the left of the dome & fog light controls that you can turn in order to turn the headlights on & off, correct? Pictured below...

Last edited:

mike07se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your response.
By "headlight switch" you are referring to the circular knob/switch to the left of the dome & fog light controls that you can turn in order to turn the headlights on & off, correct? Pictured below...

Yes, exactly what I'm referring to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bcummins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did
The parking lights will not turn off on my 2007 Yukon Denali even with the engine off.
This issue started about 2 weeks ago and the only temporary solution I have found is by pulling the fuses (#25 & 26) for the driver & passenger side park lamps in order to save my battery.
I have switched out the relay, but that didn't work. The lights do turn off when the relay is taken out, but go right back on with any relay plugged in there. I have also reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

So, I have had to plug the fuses in while I drive (especially at night in order for the tail lights to work) and then pull them out after. Any help or advice would really be appreciated!! This problem is driving me nuts.

Lastly, just in the past few days I have noticed that the parking lights will go off for a little bit at random times with the fuses plugged in while it's parked in my garage. The first time I saw this I thought the problem fixed itself, but soon after they turned right back on.

Thanks in advance!!

Curious....what was your solution here? We've got a 2017 Yukon XL Denali with the parking lots coming on during rain when the truck is parking in the driveway (hours after it was driven). Thx!

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-parking-lights-come-on-when-it-rains.101435/

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!!

Curious if you have found a fix? I have a similar issue where my headlights will turn on, random times of the day. Car is off, door is locked and I look outside and headlamps are on...just the H13 lowbeams, not taillights or parking lamps. I have changed H13 bulbs, ambient light sensor on dash and headlight switch with no luck. Only fix so far has been to pull the low beam relay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snackcake01