Parking Brake Cables Replacement???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our parking brake cables rusted and broke at the front cable to middle cable splice coupling.

Looking for cable oem part numbers there are two design versions. Anyone know the difference?

Last edited:

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course.
2008 Tahoe Z71
Go to your profile and add that into your signature with any mods, engine size, trans, etc
It will make it really helpful for other to help you out..
I don't have the answer to your question, but you should check on rockauto or online like
at oreilly or whoever is near you.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not really sure, but based on RockAuto's offerings, the intermediate cables either have a threaded adjustment at the equalizer, or not. And about 40 inches vs. 47 inches.

Had to laugh a little, though, when I saw the pic that goes with the GM "2nd Design" since the pic is of a fuel pump float and o-ring.

1679361552028.png

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I learned the hard way on this. It is in my build thread. When I did the brake cables, I tried to do it a piece at a time. Old cables stretch. Replace all of them at the same time and the intermediate cables can have different ends, I found this out.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your profile and add that into your signature with any mods, engine size, trans, etc
It will make it really helpful for other to help you out..
I don't have the answer to your question, but you should check on rockauto or online like
at oreilly or whoever is near you.
As I wrote, 2 versions come up, even on the AC Delco parts lookup using the vin for the intermediate and rear cables.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If they are giving two versions, then you need to do detective work to find out what the differences are that they list and look at your rig. I had to do the same. A reason for the differences is given, correct?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check on the reasons: they might have the yukon/tahoe in one option
and then the suburban/yukon xl option 2
Also, they may have a different listing IF the rear end is 8.6 or 9.5" although
as i write this there 'should' be no diff in rear ends, but they may just have for
4wd (only 8.6") or the 2wd 9.5" rear
Just keep on lookin at the small print on the websites

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our parking brake cables rusted and broke at the front cable to middle cable splice coupling.

Looking for cable oem part numbers there are two design versions. Anyone know the difference?
The difference is whether you have the push to release (JNC) or the handle to release the parking brakes. The lengths of all the cables are different, actuators are different of course and then there are ACDelco and GM OE.

I have the part numbers for both styles for a Suburban or Yukon XL.

1679410272961.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17