Parking Brake Cables Replacement???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is whether you have the push to release (JNC) or the handle to release the parking brakes. The lengths of all the cables are different, actuators are different of course and then there are ACDelco and GM OE.

I have the part numbers for both styles for a Suburban or Yukon XL.

View attachment 394939
Thanks for that! Atleast that tells me which group I am in for parts.
I see the controller for the handle to release version like mine, that I think includes the front cable, is the part number I was honing in on. The intermediate cable that I need is a different number but I have the Tahoe.
I am on the track now. Also I'll check my intermediate cable length.
Check on the reasons: they might have the yukon/tahoe in one option
and then the suburban/yukon xl option 2
Also, they may have a different listing IF the rear end is 8.6 or 9.5" although
as i write this there 'should' be no diff in rear ends, but they may just have for
4wd (only 8.6") or the 2wd 9.5" rear
Just keep on lookin at the small print on the websites
Thanks, good point.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In response to Foggy's question about different cables for different axles, I have not found that to be so with the Suburban or Yukon XL.

This is what I'm coming up with for you Eddie:

Actuator: 20970875
Intermediate: 25952157
Left Rear: 20756278
Right Rear: 25952160

As for me and my house, I am going to convert mine to the JNC style like my two Sierras. Easier for a fat man to release!

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In response to Foggy's question about different cables for different axles, I have not found that to be so with the Suburban or Yukon XL.

As for me and my house, I am going to convert mine to the JNC style like my two Sierras. Easier for a fat man to release!
This is the picture found on a few GM parts sites plus RockAuto for GM Part # 25952157, Intermediate Cable.
either the GM parts sites are all linked and using the wrong picture but this is not on mine. Is that some sort of electronic control?
640X640.jpg
\

Last edited:
OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I see agreement on several sites for the Control (Actuator) including the AC Delco parts site, but they show intermediate cable 15183623, Pass rear cable 25864664, Driver rear cable 25793731 which are all 1st designs. A couple sites are GM Parts store and Tasca Parts (probably same database). Interesting dilemma. I don't know if the issue might be that our 2008 came in the Fall of 2007. I found the front brake calipers to actually be imprinted with 2007 part numbers that are different than 2008 parts.

I will put a tape measure on the intermediate cable to help because the AC Delco site lists the cable lengths for both 1st and 2nd design cables.

I better buy from an easy return seller.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This is the picture found on a few GM parts sites plus RockAuto for GM Part # 25952157, Intermediate Cable.
either the GM parts sites are all linked and using the wrong picture but this is not on mine. Is that some sort of electronic control?
View attachment 394977
\
It is a fuel pump sending unit float assembly.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see agreement on several sites for the Control (Actuator) including the AC Delco parts site, but they show intermediate cable 15183623, Pass rear cable 25864664, Driver rear cable 25793731 which are all 1st designs. A couple sites are GM Parts store and Tasca Parts (probably same database). Interesting dilemma. I don't know if the issue might be that our 2008 came in the Fall of 2007. I found the front brake calipers to actually be imprinted with 2007 part numbers that are different than 2008 parts.

I will put a tape measure on the intermediate cable to help because the AC Delco site lists the cable lengths for both 1st and 2nd design cables.

I better buy from an easy return seller.

If you are replacing all the cables and the actuator, do you think the design matters?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 394977
\
Ron called it, fuel pump stuff.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called that in post #5. Way ahead of y'all. ;)
Interesting that it occurs across platforms including AC Delco look up.
I don't have a way of knowing if the picture or the part listing is the error or another possibility is that the part number and picture actually match properly and it's the reference from the cable search that is messed up.
Not worth the effort to solve their error.

Last edited: