Park sensor sets off at 5mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlwarren08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When its raining out or after a rain my front park sensor will go off at 5 mph with NOTHING in front of the vehicle. I have cleaned the sensor and that didn't resolve the issue. Its not every time it rains, just at random times during or after rain. I first thought the senors were dirty so I cleaned them and that didn't fix the issue so is it some sort of short in wiring that can get wet? Unfortately the dealership can't do nothing unless they can get it do the same...I was going to drive over there today but go figure there was not Tech there to do a diag...Its super annoying but luckily it randomly does it while raining!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with something intermittent like that I might suggest unplugging one sensor at a time and see which one is going cuckoo, the sensor system is designed to shut off at +5mph so maybe one has some kind of bad seal? and is getting wet internally, maybe pull them out and take a close look at them and see if one looks funky?, you may get some kind of error when unplugging one but the others should still function properly you just wont have the area covered where the one is unplugged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14