Park Assist Blocked issue ‘18 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron11389

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having an issue with the park assist sensors on 2018 Tahoe. I’ll turn the truck on, start driving down the road and a message will pop up on the dash saying “park assist blocked see owner manual”... the amber LED will also go out on the park assist on/off button on the left hand side of the dash and I’m unable to turn park assist back on. It doesn’t matter what the weather conditions are. Sometimes it’ll happen after one mile, sometimes after 25 miles. I’ve tried cleaning each individual sensor, doesn’t seem to help. Thanks in advance for any advice.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having an issue with the park assist sensors on 2018 Tahoe. I’ll turn the truck on, start driving down the road and a message will pop up on the dash saying “park assist blocked see owner manual”... the amber LED will also go out on the park assist on/off button on the left hand side of the dash and I’m unable to turn park assist back on. It doesn’t matter what the weather conditions are. Sometimes it’ll happen after one mile, sometimes after 25 miles. I’ve tried cleaning each individual sensor, doesn’t seem to help. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Do you have anything mounted to your hitch?

Might check the harness connections on the back side of your sensors, and make sure they are all clean and tight.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the truck is still in warranty, I’d take it to the dealer and let them trouble shoot it.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have noticed a few times, my 17 does this as well...also when it does say this, the blind spot indicators do not work as well. may have to start poking around the wiring or possibly soon in need of new battery

OP
OP
A

Aaron11389

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have anything mounted to your hitch?

Might check the harness connections on the back side of your sensors, and make sure they are all clean and tight.

Nothing mounted to the hitch. Just the hitch cover. Thanks for the response, I think I’ll try that next.

OP
OP
A

Aaron11389

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the truck is still in warranty, I’d take it to the dealer and let them trouble shoot it.

unfortunately, it’s not. Worried that if I take it to them, the sensors will work flawlessly lol.

OP
OP
A

Aaron11389

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have noticed a few times, my 17 does this as well...also when it does say this, the blind spot indicators do not work as well. may have to start poking around the wiring or possibly soon in need of new battery

I haven’t noticed that the blind spot indicators stop working but I’ll be on the look out for that. Thanks for the response

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9