Parasitic draw test reading 0, help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the Klein wasn’t getting a reading. My dads old fluke is showing 2.5 amps. Turns out it’s my ignition cylinder. You can accidentally bump it without the key, and the dash lights come on. If you aren’t paying attention when you get out of the car it’ll draw heavily.

Solved, thanks for the help.

Check that internal fuse for the next time it's needed.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who wants to learn a Vacuum tube guitar amplifier trick for measuring current without having to do it in series and disconnecting this and that and trying to get your meter leads connected to this and that?

Goto mouser.com and order up (1) or more if you want some spares of a precision 1 ohm resistor. You touch your negative meter lead to ground. Touch positive meter to one end of the resistor and the other end of the resistor to whatever wire or connection that you want to read the current flow. Have meter set on DC VOLTS (*NOTE NOT AMPS*). The reading on your meter will be in volts but because of ohms law and the fact you are using a precision 1/2w or bigger 1 ohm resistor the reading can be converted to amps by moving the decimal point only!

Cool! I'll have to keep this in my back pocket for next time I'm helping my neighbor with his tube amps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts