Painting interior panels - problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
two. worked like a charm. The headliner was super soft, and now it feels a little rougher, but its very black. I dont touch the headliner much
Alright thanks. I was watching some YouTube vids and seemed like light material was hard to cover with black and would get hard. But that was with a thick carpet .

Reaction score
I sprayed he headliner with the Dupli color Black Vinyl and Cloth paint. Worked great. Super black now. Next is the 2nd row of seats and then the interior door panels.

Here are the front seats with console. You wanted to see how white looks:

20200602-083430.jpg
20200602-081940.jpg
20200602-081930.jpg[/QUO

Damn, what you did to the interior of your Tahoe is down right impressive , can't wait to see it all finished.

Reaction score
I am not sure what happen to my words when I quoted your pic but wanted to say Damn, what you did to the interior of your Tahoe is down right impressive , can't wait to see it all finished.

snufflucks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I realize this thread is a year old but that will help in this instance I think. I have an 03 z71 that I am restoring. The dash has that rubberized thick paint. I need to paint the lower dash and doors. I'm a little confused on what worked, after reading the thread. Did lacquer thinner strip that coating and make it paintable? I really appreciate you guys posting up this stuff to keep folks like me from reinventing the wheel. Karlus, that interior looks awesome x 10. Has the paint you applied to the "rubberized" dash and headliner held up? Any pointers from anyone that has dealt with this already?

OP
OP
Karlus

Karlus

Reaction score
No, it made a mess at the time. I used one of those thin plastic dash covers that you rubber cement to the old and it looks great 1 year later.

On the lower dash, i covered it in boat vinyl.

I never found a good way to strip that rubberized stuff

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The rubberized paint/coating comes off with denatured alcohol. You can find it at Lowes or home depot.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
No, it made a mess at the time. I used one of those thin plastic dash covers that you rubber cement to the old and it looks great 1 year later.

On the lower dash, i covered it in boat vinyl.

I never found a good way to strip that rubberized stuff
@Karlus
Have you finished up the interior? Can you post some pics of the interior door panels. TIA

OP
OP
Karlus

Karlus

Reaction score
This is older, but both the door pocket and handle pockets are white too. Stood up really well and its my daily driver.

You can see where I used that thick white marine vinyl on the lower dash panels

All of this makes me feel like its almost new, but with modern colors not available at the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne