Paint/Vinyl Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that is the style and the hot trend right now,but I’m old and like the chrome.

I think if you lose the front plate bracket it would be a big improvement.

Your wife sounds like a keeper. You’re a lucky man.

OP
OP
D

DaneS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks great!! Much cleaner without all the badges and chrome trim. I think for her next birthday (or anniversary? lol) I'd suggest blacking out the white mirror panels, and putting black vinyl on the pillar between the rear door and rear side window to create a more unified black section. Sharp looking GMC!
I might have to toss some vinyl on that pillar just to see how it looks...

OP
OP
D

DaneS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know that is the style and the hot trend right now,but I’m old and like the chrome.

I think if you lose the front plate bracket it would be a big improvement.

Your wife sounds like a keeper. You’re a lucky man.
To each their own brother! And I haven’t figured out how to get that dang bracket off yet but it definitely needs to go.

tenminutes

Reaction score
It’s not terrible. If you have a second set of hands it would be a cakewalk. Definitely easier than painting would have been.
question. did you lay the straight line of the film on the paint side or the window side? I started last night and first attempt was the window side, but the paint side got sketchy so I pulled it off. Revisiting this weekend and searching for advice.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question. did you lay the straight line of the film on the paint side or the window side? I started last night and first attempt was the window side, but the paint side got sketchy so I pulled it off. Revisiting this weekend and searching for advice.
Not sure if this will help you, but I’m going to attempt to wrap the chrome window trim on my Tahoe this weekend.
I’m going to try following the tips this guy laid out in this video.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are offers out there for precut pieces to fit the trim

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help you, but I’m going to attempt to wrap the chrome window trim on my Tahoe this weekend.
I’m going to try following the tips this guy laid out in this video.

Giving mine a shot this weekend, as well. First time its been warm enough without rain in almost two months.

there are offers out there for precut pieces to fit the trim

I had ordered one of the kits from ebay, and the first piece I tried didn't fit. There was a ton of overhang that I would have had to cut off on either side of the rear most piece, but it didn't cover all of the top where it curves. I figure if I'm going to have to cut, I'm going to at least cover the whole piece, so I got a roll of the two inch and a 1x5 sheet for the rear most sections and the pieces around the mirrors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne