Paint Bubbles / Blisters then rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess on the wheel well rust I need to get behind there and might as well remove the sound material and see.

Unfortunately, the sound proofing is stuck between the layers of metal that are welded together. Only way to get it out is to cut stuff out.

With the fender wells, the moisture gets in between the inner well liner and the outer skin so the rust is hidden between the two pieces of metal. If you look closely, you will see where the inner liner’s flange sits on top of the flange of the outer skin and that seam is where moisture and debris gets in between them and just stays there.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup the bubbles are a fun thing. I had one ive been fighting with and lost ( centered above drivers rear tire) now ive got 2 more right next to the one thats all rust. Ughh... im about to just buy the rear arch and find someone that know how to do the job.

MD Tahoe 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a similar problem above a wheel well. I lightly chipped/sanded the spot, applied POR 15, then topped that off with POR15 Top Coat (white), then sanded that down and sprayed just that area with summit white paint that I bought on Amazon and it looks much better. Still a little rough, but it didn't bubble up or rust again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B