P219A code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongurl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a pending fault P219A code. I installed the OBDII Diablo Sprint AFM module on my rig around October 10th or so. This morning I get some missing/misfire as I'm driving, around 1200 rpms mark or so. I've been using 91 fuel with this Sprint module until last night when I put in some 87. I got to thinking maybe the tune configuration of that module doesn't like the 87 so I added like some 91 this morning, and drove on to work.

I actually decided to unplugg the module, drove on home with no missing/misfire issues (I couldn't seem to recreate the problem) and plugged in my reader which gave me the pending fault P219A code.

This is a 2011 Yukon 5.3 with about 165,000 miles.... It's probably time to replace O2 sensors anyways, hasn't been done as far as I know- 2nd owner here.

I know I need to check for some vac leaks, but just wondering what has been some fixes for this.
Thanks!!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pending fault P219A code. I installed the OBDII Diablo Sprint AFM module on my rig around October 10th or so. This morning I get some missing/misfire as I'm driving, around 1200 rpms mark or so. I've been using 91 fuel with this Sprint module until last night when I put in some 87. I got to thinking maybe the tune configuration of that module doesn't like the 87 so I added like some 91 this morning, and drove on to work.

I actually decided to unplugg the module, drove on home with no missing/misfire issues (I couldn't seem to recreate the problem) and plugged in my reader which gave me the pending fault P219A code.

This is a 2011 Yukon 5.3 with about 165,000 miles.... It's probably time to replace O2 sensors anyways, hasn't been done as far as I know- 2nd owner here.

I know I need to check for some vac leaks, but just wondering what has been some fixes for this.
Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum.

Running 87 might very well be your issue. I would check and see if you can find what octane your tune is setup for. In the mean time, since you aren’t getting the fuel trim error without the module plugged in, I’d run the tank down with out the module plugged in and fill it up with higher octane and see if the problem comes back with the Diablo plugged in.

OP
OP
Y

Yukongurl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Running 87 might very well be your issue. I would check and see if you can find what octane your tune is setup for. In the mean time, since you aren’t getting the fuel trim error without the module plugged in, I’d run the tank down with out the module plugged in and fill it up with higher octane and see if the problem comes back with the Diablo plugged in.

Yep, I’m hoping to get an answer tomorrow about that spec. But in the meantime, I’ll take your suggestion and see what happens. I ran my rig again tonight and had no issues, leaving the sprint unplugged for now. Thanks for that suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt