P2138 Throttle / Pedal Position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P2138 Throttle / Pedal position sensor / switch "D" / E Voltage Correlation

Hello All,

Saturday night, i got this code merging on the freeway trying to go WOT. Half way through WOT the truck fell on its face and a bunch of service this and that messages appeared and it went into reduce power mode. It was a terrible few minutes going about 35mph trying to get off the freeway. After i cleared the code using a dongle i always keep with me, the truck ran fine with the exception of the transmission shifting into gears a little harder than normal. By Sunday morning it was shifting smoother but i was scared to even go Half throttle to speed up since im taking a class that i can't miss on the weekends.

With all that being said, i replaced the Throttle position sensor early 2022. But im curious where "D" and "E" voltages are measured from? Are they both in the TB sensor or is one at the pedal? After some search, i see there is some correlation between the pedal and throttle body but i didnt get a code for the pedal. Im going to check the connection but im wondering if someone has a more in-depth way to diagnose the issue?

Freeze frame data below

20230116_093725.jpg

20230116_093631.jpg

Neuner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found your post as I have the exact same thing happening. I had replaced the pedal assembly with an OEM and not aftermarket and still having this issue.

It happens about once every month or 2. Have not been able to isolate the condition in which it occurs. Yesterday it happened when I was slowing down from 30mph without even my foot on the gas pedal.

Other online help said that the body connection may be loose or bad or had gotten water in it. We haven't had rain nor had to use the A/C in months so can't see that as the culprit.

OP
OP
Mickey_7106

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the pedal and the problem went away. I can't find the video on yt, but there was one that shows you how to probe the harness and check for voltage for each sensor. Most videos just show how to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh