2009 Tahoe...P0751-00 shift Solenoid 1 valve performance stuck off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Usmanhassan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
I bought tahoe 2009 150k miles driven few days back. When i was buying they did compture test it shows falt P0751 -00 shift solenoid 1 valve performance stuck off and tech told me its ok.
When i drive sometimes i feel a jerk when i move from the signal light and this happen not always
Do i need to fix it. If yes plz guide me on what to be done.
If not any precautions i should take like not driving bit fast or pressing accelerator.
Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
I bought tahoe 2009 150k miles driven few days back. When i was buying they did compture test it shows falt P0751 -00 shift solenoid 1 valve performance stuck off and tech told me its ok.
When i drive sometimes i feel a jerk when i move from the signal light and this happen not always
If not any precautions i should take like not driving bit fast or pressing accelerator.
Thanks

The first thing I'd do if this were mine and I were you would be to buy a Tech-2 and change the fluid. If the problem comes back with clean fluid I would rebuild the solenoids. Several guys on here have done that with great success, rebuilding them on their kitchen table. Sonnax sells a kit with the tools on Amazon for about $100.

If you desire to replace the entire TECHM, use GM OE only, the Dorman ones had a high failure rate the last time we all came in contact with them on here.

This all applies of course (with regards to TECHM) if your '09 is a regular Tahoe and not a PPV or SSV with the 4-speed.

Get some clean fluid in that thing and see if she fixes herself, (system runs constant tests/checks, even while sitting at a light).

Gill804

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks
I have this same issue

Reaction score
I have this same issue
The cause is either valve body or TEHCM (or both). Broken down, they are as follows:

- SS1 failure (replace tehcm)
- Clutch select valve and/or bore worn (install Sonnax zip kit then run fast adapt relearn)
- cbr1/4-5-6 clutch regulator valve (install sonnax zip kit, run fast adapt relearn)
- check ball #1 worn, sticking in plate
- cracked filter (not common)

Take for a test drive with a bi-directional scan tool and monitor the live transmission data feeds for anomalies.

Then drop the pan and inspect the bottom, look for debris. Inspect the filter for cracks (replace if so). Test SS1 for continuity and note resistance - if it fails, replace the TEHCM.

Remove, disassemble the valve body-TEHCM complex. If you have the tooling, perform a vacuum test on both halves to locate any under-performing valve trains or locations where there's insufficient vacuum (my standard is 15" for all valve trains). Disassemble and clean the valve body castings in the parts washer/jet wash...clean all the valves, springs, etc and lay them out in the proper order for reinstallation...Inspect the spacer plate for wear at the check ball locations - pay close attention to CB1 and CB5. If CB1 gets stuck, you lose all forward movement whereas if CB5 gets stuck you lose reverse. Replace the spacer plate (you can grab one from the Parts dept in any GM dealer). Also, purchase valve body-case seals for the pump and center support since you can replace them while the valve body is out. You'll need a Snap On 10EPL socket to remove the six (6) valve body assembly to case bolts. Torque spec is 71 inch lbs; same for the valve body halves and IMS bolt. The two small 10mm bolts for the speed sensors take 90 inch lbs.

Install either the Sonnax Zip kit or Transgo Reprogramming kit...Both will come with drop-in replacement valves, springs and other parts to rehabilitate the valve body. Reassemble the valve body complex.

If the TEHCM is determined to be good (i.e. no faults) then install Transgo's TEHCM service kit (has diaphragms and seals for the TEHCM pressure switches).

If you don't have any of the above or aren't willing / able to do the above, take to a transmission shop or a GM Dealership service center...They will do all of the above and let you know what's up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt