P061B check engine code stall out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the transmission is bad? I just resonantly washed the car at the car wash on the 16th maybe it got water somewhere it should have not??

there might be some other codes I got rear ended as well..... Good thing I got the hitch thing.. THAT IS WHY YOU DONT TAILGATE I just let it go and parted ways..(as he was at fault..... ) i did go to auto zone so they can pull the code etc.. just in case and got a hard copy.. of it and it's still stored in the ECM

it says failed P061B= ECM or control module or torque calculation performance condition..

this was the only code..

the engine was able to be successfully restarted many many times as well as autostop resume.. sigh...

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver is a whiz at codes along with a few others. Did you spray inside the engine bay?
no :) just a standard automated car wash that 100s of cars use everyday. i might have nudged the high voltage disconnect while vacuuming should i resit the HV connector?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll let @solsea handle the reset question. Is it that easy to jar loose? I’ve got zero hybrid experience.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll let @solsea handle the reset question. Is it that easy to jar loose? I’ve got zero hybrid experience.
it ran fine today I got the minimum expected city MPG(as i had the A/C on as not to overcharge the battery) i ran it in M4 so it would not turn off (v8 mode only ) i'll check it out tomorrow.... i'll also check out that Transmission cable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter