P0606 Intermittent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the battery test isn’t reliable how do I determine if the battery is good or bad ?

You know what I’ll buy a new battery & new positive & negative battery cables. Can’t hurt.

What’s everyone running battery wise ?

I’ll get AC delco cables but not sure of the brand of battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need to replace them just clean them that fixes those 80% of the time you need to deal with the power short on the Throttle sensor

a load test with a toaster type battery tester those put a heavy load to the battery to test it.. the new electronic testers are rigged so they can avoid warranty replacements...

but the poor mans test is the turn it to "ACC on" and see if the headlights lights dim when you Roll all 4 windows at the same time( with the A/C fan on high)

there should be No to very little dimming no speed changes in the windows going down

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interstate makes good battery's both regular and AGM, I prefer the AGM type. I am in California in the central valley and the heat just kills battery's they usually die just outside of the warranty period which is usually 3 years

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to replace them just clean them that fixes those 80% of the time you need to deal with the power short on the Throttle sensor

a load test with a toaster type battery tester those put a heavy load to the battery to test it.. the new electronic testers are rigged so they can avoid warranty replacements...

but the poor mans test is the turn it to "ACC on" and see if the headlights lights dim when you Roll all 4 windows at the same time( with the A/C fan on high)

there should be No to very little dimming no speed changes in the windows going down
Did the “poor mans load test” and the headlights dimmed very little so I’m thinking that battery is good.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I cleaned and tightened both battery connectors and that seemed to work for a min.

But then this Past Saturday I get in the truck and go to pull out of my driveway. Truck goes into limp mode and I get a P2101 code.

Now I realize from talking to you guys and reading this is more than likely a ground issue.

I did some more reading this weekend and see that guys are replacing:

Positive battery cable & connectors
Negative battery cable & connectors
Starter solenoid cable

I’ve even read some guys changing out the Alternator cable

And that this has fixed their electrical gremlin issues.

My question is I can’t get the part numbers for the complete positive and negative battery cables.

My usual MO is calling the local GM parts department.

Anyone know the parts numbers for all that is needed to change that stuff out ?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow the cables and clean them at both ends

i use rubbing alcohol make sure you let dry before re-connect as its flammable

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go on rock auto or GM parts direct for the oem parts. Good call on cleaning them, unless you see damage, or replacing them. Look beyond the connections for corrosion. Some have it up the cables.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys. I’m still chasing this. Seems like a different issue every few days.

I get a P2101 on Monday so I took off the battery terminals cleaned the terminals and connectors really good - both battery and wires + taped up some exposed wire

Cleaned the ground on the front of the engine block + taped up some exposed wire

Cleaned the 2 connections coming from the fuse box + put some “liquid” electrical tape on a small part of exposed wire.

Was good for a few days

Now today (Wed) I get a P0357 while driving. Truck was missing bad , the worst I’ve seen. So I change the #7 ignition coil with a brand new Delphi. Mind you the harness is basically brand new.

It did nothing to fix the issue. I’ve got the same P0357 code and Goldies got the shakes.

I know you guys are telling Me to “trace the wires” but I’m not good at the electrical stuff.

Anyone have anything to add here.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to find the grounds that are associated with :

“”the pcm
“”coil circuits
“”Throttle Actuator

And make sure I don’t have a broken ground or a bad ground.

How do I go about doing this ??

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the cables you mentioned cleaning and taping have corrosion under the rubber coating going up the cable you can’t see. To trace the ground wires a wiring diagram comes in handy. You can usually find them on line free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh