P0442 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening, so I’ve been getting a p0442 code (small evap leak) now I’ve already changed that one part before, I forgot what it was called but I had to remove the spare tire to get to it and it sat on top of the fuel tank if I remember correctly. From time to time it also says to tighten the fuel cap, even when it’s tight already. I changed the cap and I still get this code from time to time. Is there any idea on what this could be? All help is appreciated. It’s an 08 Tahoe LT with 152k

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few hoses in the evap/purge system, a leak in any might cause the code. Although I had a couple of different codes for mine, I think either of the valves leaking can cause this code.

I would look carefully at all the hoses for any signs of deterioration.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few hoses in the evap/purge system, a leak in any might cause the code. Although I had a couple of different codes for mine, I think either of the valves leaking can cause this code.

I would look carefully at all the hoses for any signs of deterioration.

This is going to sound like fun lol

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So quick update, A P0455 code came on I’m going to try to look around and figure out what could be the issue this weekend. I have been very busy Again, any pointers?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the tire is out of the way the hoses aren’t too hard to see. You’ll probably see a cracked or disconnected hose. I chased the same issue around a while back and my vent hose (thus the gas cap message) was toast. It’s fairly uncommon for the canister to need replacing but at 152k maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne