P0430 again and again and again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How will I be able to tell if it's a legit Tech II and not a Chinese version?
I will also look for a case
Thanks man, I appreciate all the help

Nice, thanks bud appreciate the linky. Will be reading up on that for sure.
They're all Chinese, Vetronix and Bosch have had the Chicoms make them since at least 2010 and probably much earlier.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been about a month and a half, and it came back. I was feeling pretty good for a while but Thursday it popped back up had it checked and cleared and it popped up again last night.

I'll be getting some new O2 sensors and I'll be taking the Tahoe off the road for a bit to build my exhaust.

What's everyone's opinion about O2 non fouler's? The guy at the parts store brought them up. Since I'm putting new ones in I don't think I'd need them or he's suggesting I try them before to see what happens.

I'll be grabbing a scanner hopefully this coming week.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Non foulest are a bandaid. Fix the actual issue. Have you checked for an exhaust leak? Use a leaf blower or reversible shop vac, blow it up the tailpipe. Spray soapy water all around the joints, o2 bing etc by the cats and look for bubbles.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non foulest are a bandaid. Fix the actual issue. Have you checked for an exhaust leak? Use a leaf blower or reversible shop vac, blow it up the tailpipe. Spray soapy water all around the joints, o2 bing etc by the cats and look for bubbles.
I told him I was replacing everything; I think he was just trying to be helpful and save me a few bucks. All I need are my O2s and I'll have everything for my new exhaust.
Yup, did the old reverse vacuum with soapy water and didn't find any leaks.

Been wanting to build my exhaust for too long was just hoping to do it during the summer and not the winter haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP2024