P0420 2hrs after purchasing '07 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it back and demand new cats !!,.. they knew the code was there before selling it to you,... make them honest !!!!,..... or watch holy hell rise.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention and each state is different. There is a law regarding RIGHT TO RESENTION CLAUSE up to 72 hours if an unlawful sale has been done. You would have to document the time frames and if your state is in compliance with that law. If you were to pursue the time frame, I would contact legal assistance for verification. it's the principal that eats me up, you may feel otherwise. JMHO and good luck.
David g.....:2cents:

OP
OP
MN 07 TAHOE Z71

MN 07 TAHOE Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're welcome! Which Blazer, the big one or the little ones? Always wanted both at differing times but never had one.
I had a 2000 S-10 Blazer and a 2005 Trailblazer LT. The Blazer had multiple issues but the Trailblazer was the best vehicle I've owned. Almost hit 300,000 miles with no major repairs and then the transmission went :(

OP
OP
MN 07 TAHOE Z71

MN 07 TAHOE Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That dealer must know the P0420 code and check engine light issue before they sold you Tahoe. They reset the code and turn off the check engine light befor you hand over money. After you left the dealer parking lot, they claimed "Sold as it is".
My cousin is a mechanic, I'm going to have him check the code this time and pull history. If I'm not mistaken it will show dates and codes in the history, maybe I can use this to my defense.

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
I would take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.... whatever "it" is.
this dealer is bullshitting you. it would take a couple hours for the sensors to build up enough data to determine that there was a problem. they might not know if they took this as a trade in from someone who cleared the codes and the car wasnt driven enough to set off the CEL. I would use the mileage from the time you bought it until you had the light go off as evidence something was wrong with this when you bought it. I also had issue a few months later with a dealer, went to several online review places and the owner called me ,, we worked it out, i removed my comments and am not satisfied with the dealer. they need to know you are not a pushover.

OP
OP
MN 07 TAHOE Z71

MN 07 TAHOE Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this dealer is bullshitting you. it would take a couple hours for the sensors to build up enough data to determine that there was a problem. they might not know if they took this as a trade in from someone who cleared the codes and the car wasnt driven enough to set off the CEL. I would use the mileage from the time you bought it until you had the light go off as evidence something was wrong with this when you bought it. I also had issue a few months later with a dealer, went to several online review places and the owner called me ,, we worked it out, i removed my comments and am not satisfied with the dealer. they need to know you are not a pushover.
I've contacted the dealership twice and received the same response from them so, I've reported it to the BBB and wrote up a review for the dealership. When history was checked on the code it did only show it coming up after I purchased the vehicle and from what I told they can't clear it from the history so that doesn't help my case. Not much more I can do being I purchased an as is vehicle and unfortunately the year and miles fall outside of Minnesota's "lemon law". I have an appointment tomorrow with my mechanic so he can finally tear into everything and see what's going on.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to a muffler shop and have them put a new cat on, you should be able to get out the door for $200 or less, most places around here it's $160

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimaada0611