P0306 NO MATTER WHAT I DO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I appreciate all the info you guys have given me. It's definitely made things easier for me. Believe it or not the kits for the afm delete are cheaper. I'm going to pull the valve cover and head on the driverside and see what it looks like. Hopefully the valves and springs are still in good shape. Thanks again for everyone's input. Once I'm finished I'll check back to let everyone know how it went
Good, so many times members fix something and then crickets.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the info you guys have given me. It's definitely made things easier for me. Believe it or not the kits for the afm delete are cheaper. I'm going to pull the valve cover and head on the driverside and see what it looks like. Hopefully the valves and springs are still in good shape. Thanks again for everyone's input. Once I'm finished I'll check back to let everyone know how it went
That's because the AFM lifters cost significantly more than the non-AFM lifters and if you do keep the AFM the VLOM should be replaced which is also a pretty costly part. The money you save on those things basically pays for the tune. You can't drive the truck after you remove the VLOM because once it sets codes for the VLOM not being there it disables the fuel injectors for those cylinders.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
That's because the AFM lifters cost significantly more than the non-AFM lifters and if you do keep the AFM the VLOM should be replaced which is also a pretty costly part. The money you save on those things basically pays for the tune. You can't drive the truck after you remove the VLOM because once it sets codes for the VLOM not being there it disables the fuel injectors for those cylinders.
Good to know thank you

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
Update.... got everything torn down, all that's left is to pull the harmonic balancer and surrounding stuff to get the cam out. But here is the condition of the afm lifter for cylinder 6. It's chewed to hell.

Attachments

• 20220925_113117.jpg
    20220925_113117.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 6

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Lol I was hoping so. But just wanted to throw an update so you guys didn't think I forgot about ya. Timing cover coming off next then popping cam out. I'll send pics of the cam lobes once it's out. Then slamming this b!t*h back together.
Slam nicely please. Then it will take care of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17