P0302 - Misfire Cylinder 2: need help troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 black beauty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do or have a compression check done on cylinders. With a 5.3 that has AFM\DOD, most likely it will be a lifter issue.
and if it is related to AFM and you have it repaired, please get the AFM crap deleted or at least disabled.

OP
OP
D

DesertRat

Reaction score
Do or have a compression check done on cylinders. With a 5.3 that has AFM\DOD, most likely it will be a lifter issue.
and if it is related to AFM and you have it repaired, please get the AFM crap deleted or at least disabled.

checked compression on the front four cylinders, all were around 170/180. I'm going to check wires next. I disconnected the #2 injector wire and no noticeable change. Just have to take the time to chase the wires and check continuity

OP
OP
D

DesertRat

Reaction score
maybe a bad injector, maybe it has a intake leak?, I would test for a intake leak and maybe swap injectors

This looks like it might be the winning answer. Last weekend I replaced the intake and valve cover gaskets, and I noticed an immediate difference at idle and overall performance. Gasket at cylinder #2 was noticeably not sealed correctly. Even after idling for prolonged periods of time this week, the CEL did not come back on. It's only been a week though, so it's not been thoroughly tested.

After rereading my first post, I should clarify that in most instances the CEL came on after idling for several minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission