P0300 random misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Anusface69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today I replaced the CKP sensor. Test drove under the same conditions and had zero misfires. Gonna drive tomorrow to see how it goes, and get the last two readiness monitors ready. I will let you guys know what happens. I really do appreciate all the tips and input, I’m an Audi guy so it was nice to get some info from people who know

OP
OP
A

Anusface69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I knew it was too good to be true. Under light load started misfiring only on 6, when I got closer to the shop after about 5 miles misfiring on 6, it started misfiring only on 7. Ltft at idle:
Bank one 12%
Bank two 5%
At 2000 rpm
Bank one 16%
Bank two 14%
Stft at idle: both banks 0
At 2000 rpm
Both banks bouncing from 0 to 7
This misfire seems to happen when I start the truck cold, after driving for 5-10 minutes. Engine warmed up. Yesterday when I let it warm up first no issues. I did smoke test again and made sure I had decent pressure with the smoke so I could just rule out the intake gaskets.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had misfires on an 05 4.0L Jeep. Was actually fuel related.
It kept happening until my fuel pump completed died one day.

I would suggest checking fuel pressure before, during and after start-up and warm-up to see what you have going on.

A gauge can get loaned out from your parts stores with refundable deposit, so checking fuel pressure on your system will cost nothing other than a few minutes of your time.

I would at least want to rue out the fuel pump as a possible cause.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These trucks don’t like cheap aftermarket parts like coils and sensors. Glad you figured it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14