P0300 misfire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So all valve's are messed up cyl 6 is toast and cyl 7 ring's are gone .. gonna rebuild the whole bottom end and top end...

So looking at getting some mods in while I have the motor out. This is a overland vehicle and nothing crazy family hauler etc... Should I keep the egr system or delete it? I found 2 pairs of headers also one with the egr but the driver side headers looks really funny.

What's a good small cam and what engine management do it need?
What do you think caused the issue?

OP
OP
Tmoney10

Tmoney10

Reaction score
E85 fuel!!!

I purchased the vehicle used 198k on it.

It's a flex fuel vehicle.

But engine was swapped over at some point and a non flex fuel engine was dropped in. I didn't know it so I messed it up with the flex fuel. :(..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think the 04’s still had EGR. I deleted it on my 02, just removed the stuff and added a block off plate. This was required for the blower I put on it but the system is worthless anyway. If you go that way you’ll need to delete it in the tune. If you’re running a cam you’ll most likely need a tune anyway so you could just take care of both those. Blackbear Performance does my tunes through an Autocal I bought, data logs and tunes are sent via email and the service is good for as long as you keep the vehicle ie retunes for no additional cost.

OP
OP
Tmoney10

Tmoney10

Reaction score
Ya no egr on 04 suburban...

I ordered a set of long tubes as my cats are completely burned up

OP
OP
Tmoney10

Tmoney10

Reaction score
Just got the crappy ebay long tubes with y pipe.$250 shipped.. I've herd great success with these headers also and seen many reviews.
I'm not gonna do a cam after all as there really ain't a point for me to do it. Since this is a overland vehicle not a race car.

Both side of the cats on the oem set up are completely burned out...so the long tubes are a cheaper source for me

OP
OP
Tmoney10

Tmoney10

Reaction score
Got the engine out and ordering the parts. Just gonna rebuild the motor with oem gm parts. And not gonna do a cam or anything...
Just throw in the long tube headersIMG_20210717_102542.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Gonna rebuild yourself, right? Good call on the parts. Remember, "cleanliness is next to Godliness" when rebuilding engines and don't be afraid of cam lube. Reusing pistons?

OP
OP
Tmoney10

Tmoney10

Reaction score
Naw gonna get new pistons also..
Something keeps telling me to get a cam since I got everything out lol..

Yes rebuilding my self with the help of my father in law.

I wanted to get a bnr stage 2 cam.

But not sure on how to get a tune to make it run okay

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At least get a stock cam and new lifters and pushers and rockers. Fresh done heads at a trusted machine shop? Or gonna get all new heads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe