P0171 & P0174

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 is going to sing being right now and I have to take it to Emissions testing tomorrow and go to court after That or I’m getting screwed with a fine of 950 for driving onexpired tags. I just had the intake done and it still came back on so I put a different mass airflow sensor on it And all yesterday and last night even today it was fine. And I stopped on the way home and put 20 bucks in it and by the time I got home I noticed the goddamn light was back on so I scanned it and it’s the same ******* code again on 171 174. Anyone else have an idea what else to do? Almost wondering if the wiring harness to the mass airflow sensor is jacked up somewhere because the wireloom is all rotted off at

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My 06 is going to sing being right now and I have to take it to Emissions testing tomorrow and go to court after That or I’m getting screwed with a fine of 950 for driving onexpired tags. I just had the intake done and it still came back on so I put a different mass airflow sensor on it And all yesterday and last night even today it was fine. And I stopped on the way home and put 20 bucks in it and by the time I got home I noticed the goddamn light was back on so I scanned it and it’s the same ******* code again on 171 174. Anyone else have an idea what else to do? Almost wondering if the wiring harness to the mass airflow sensor is jacked up somewhere because the wireloom is all rotted off at

Do you have a scanner that can read live data?

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It use to do this same crap before. When the tank was almost empty it would turn off and as soon as you put gas in it the light would come right back on.

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It use to do this same crap before. When the tank was almost empty it would turn off and as soon as you put gas in it the light would come right back on.

You need to use the scanner. First look at the fuel composition %. Make sure it's a reasonable number Mine was all out of whack at like 30% or something stupid with having just run a tank of E85. An 89 fill up and reset solved it for me.

Otherwise, with those codes set, you're going to see your LTFTs maxed out (or close to it). Get on the gas and see if they start pulling back down or getting worse. This will tell if you have unmetered air or a fuel issue. Also look at the upstream O2s for proper toggling.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have another set of O2 sensors in the garage I’m thinking about tossing in their real quick. I put the mass airflow sensor out of my 02 On it and that seemed to do it didnt run rough anymore Or idle up or down. It was fine. Weird part was the O2 ram fine with the mas from the 06 Check engine light didn’t even come on. This morning I want to get in it to go to work and the son of a ***** won’t start it just cranks over and cranks over it’s never done that and I have two ****** up trucks in the driveway.

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have another set of O2 sensors in the garage I’m thinking about tossing in their real quick. I put the mass airflow sensor out of my 02 On it and that seemed to do it didnt run rough anymore Or idle up or down. It was fine. Weird part was the O2 ram fine with the mas from the 06 Check engine light didn’t even come on. This morning I want to get in it to go to work and the son of a ***** won’t start it just cranks over and cranks over it’s never done that and I have two ****** up trucks in the driveway.

Sent don't you just plug the scanner in? You may find your answer right quick!