P-018B P-2635 P-069E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali12

Reaction score
Check engine light on my way home from the Keys today. All fluids looked fine, truck is running smooth, so I drove it home 1.5hrs. Found codes P-018B P-2635 P-069E on the scanner. Any thoughts or insight on these? Thanks in advance for any info provided!

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check engine light on my way home from the Keys today. All fluids looked fine, truck saw running smooth, so I drove it home 1.5hrs. Found codes P-018B P-2635 P-069E on the scanner. Any thoughts or insight on these? Thanks in advance for any info provided!
sounds like the fuel pump control module is going goofy, you can try taking a look at it and the wire harness/connector and see if anything is corroded, loose or damaged, clean it up, clear the codes and see if the error stays away.

OP
OP
Denali12

Denali12

Reaction score
sounds like the fuel pump control module is going goofy, you can try taking a look at it and the wire harness/connector and see if anything is corroded, loose or damaged, clean it up, clear the codes and see if the error stays away.
Do you know the location on a 2012 Yukon Denali XL? My frame was recently swapped out. i wonder if the wire is chaffing somewhere..

OP
OP
Denali12

Denali12

Reaction score
under the spare tire in rear, see attached photo

View attachment 223313
I pulled the wiring harness. Everything looks fine. Confirmed constant 11.8 volts with ignition in "ON" position. When I erase the codes they come back within minutes. Truck continues to run fine.

Do you think replacing the fuel pump control module will solve the problem? Anyone know where to get these programmed for a 2012?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the wiring harness. Everything looks fine. Confirmed constant 11.8 volts with ignition in "ON" position. When I erase the codes they come back within minutes. Truck continues to run fine.

Do you think replacing the fuel pump control module will solve the problem? Anyone know where to get these programmed for a 2012?
Man that sucks, this is where a tech2 would come in handy so you could confirm that the module is bad or not, could maybe be wiring or even something else, unless you know of a shop that doesn't charge dealer prices and has a tech2 or a good snapon or something then your kinda stuck, have you checked all your fuses? I know the fpcm has it's own fuse but I would think if the fuse was blown it wouldn't control the fuel pump and you would have a no start but might be worth a look anyway. maybe @swathdiver has some other idea's?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check engine light on my way home from the Keys today. All fluids looked fine, truck is running smooth, so I drove it home 1.5hrs. Found codes P-018B P-2635 P-069E on the scanner. Any thoughts or insight on these? Thanks in advance for any info provided!

Only one of those codes is a GM code and references back to the shop manual. P2635 tells us that the desired fuel rail pressure is not being maintained. A bi-directional scan tool can also view the Failure Records data to help locate the problem.

Are you in Broward or Palm Beach, guessing where 90 minutes from the Keys would take you? I might be in West Palm or Lake Worth in the morning; home today up in PSL.

OP
OP
Denali12

Denali12

Reaction score
Only one of those codes is a GM code and references back to the shop manual. P2635 tells us that the desired fuel rail pressure is not being maintained. A bi-directional scan tool can also view the Failure Records data to help locate the problem.

Are you in Broward or Palm Beach, guessing where 90 minutes from the Keys would take you? I might be in West Palm or Lake Worth in the morning; home today up in PSL.

I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

Checked the both fuses related to the pump control module. Both are good.

I guess I'll just bring it in to the dealer rather than throwing parts at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts