Oxygen Sensors, who changed them yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what floors me is that there is not one competent person which i can hire to diagnose the issue.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I have seen anecdotal reports where changing brands of gasoline affected exhaust smell. I have not experienced it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any halfway capable shop should be able to do a backpressure test and stick a camera in the 02 sensor hole and look at the cats, optionally you could go to a smog shop if they have them there and they can stick the sniffer in the pipe and get the exhaust readings.
have you noticed any drop in gas mileage? that is one sign of cats going bad also
any sign of a exhaust leak early in the morning when it is cold at first start?
any recent exhaust work done?, often when the exhaust has been welded on you will get some funky smells
if there is no decent shop around maybe it would be wise to invest a few bucks in a capable scanner and post up the data on here plenty of guys here know what it means and can advice you how to proceed

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. describe the smell
2. inspect all hose / wire coverings
3. change fuel brands or possibly add a fuel scent like racers do so they know what fuel is being ran...you can get grape, cherry ect.

i would heavily inspect and recommend something with a scent to help rule out the easy possibilities

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844