Oxygen sensor harness wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanielP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm now the 5th owner of a 1996 2DR Tahoe that I used to be the 2nd owner of. When I was under it the other day I saw an O2 sensor was unplugged, and I found what I think is the harness that goes to it, but the connector is cut off. I've ordered this connector but it is generic and not color coded for my Tahoe. I don't know which wire should go to each pin.

The only match I can find that refers to the same colors as my harness is a picture that is supposed to be for an LS2. Is this the correct wiring for my Tahoe?

Vortec%20V-8%20bank%202%20sensor%202%20Delphi.gif

Here's a picture of the harness wires that are missing a plug:
harness%20wires%20for%20o2_zpswpwlnkd7.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
which sensor was cut?

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

and avoid dorman parts. always have issues with them.

OP
OP
D

DanielP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Downstream sensor bank 1, I get p0140 code on my diablosport trinity. It's dual exhaust and it is passenger side. I tried finding OEM pigtail picture but never found one.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

I think bank 1 is supposed to be driver's side but it's the downstream passenger side which is unplugged. I was told the transmission was replaced so I guess they broke one pigtail taking it out and plugged the other into the wrong sensor when hooking back up if I'm reading the code correctly.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
bank one is left side. bank 2 is right side. upstream or downstream on each side. p0140 is in regard to lack of activity of the bank 1(driver) post-cat sensor. so if the passenger side is cutoff verify you have the right plug on the right sensor. beside the pink and black wires, tan and purple are the signal wires that feed the drivers post-cat sensor. pay attention to exhaust routing and verify you are hooked up properly. the passenger bank will have white tracer stripes on those colored wires as well.

OP
OP
D

DanielP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that the wrong O2 sensor is plugged into the existing pigtail based on the p0140 code. Unless told otherwise, I'm going to wire up the new pigtail according to the diagram in my original post because the connector looks the same and the wires in the harness that are missing a connector are the same colors referred to in the diagram.

The price on this pigtail is ridiculous. I could make 5 pairs (male & female) 4-pin Delphi connectors for the price of this. The water resistant connectors would be great for use on my boat. I doubt I have much to worry about with this being from Dorman, all the parts except for the wire is most likely made by Delphi. Regardless, the pigtail was already ordered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent